Sad day: Company takeovers

danson67":1toqe6kp said:
How about, if he makes calls as part of his job, ring home first thing, let it ring twice and hang up?

That way you know he's arrived OK, it'll cost nothing, and shouldn't appear on company call logs.
It's what I used to do with my mum BITD when I was 8, off on the bus to a mate's house miles away in Basingstoke, and phone calls were really expensive.

All the best,

He cannot ring out either, funny his manager has had to divert all calls in order to divert outward/ inward calls so now he has to deal with all the calls which is causing him problems of his own so it might not be for long just to make a point.

Alison

videojetman":2628cd5d said:
Neil":2628cd5d said:
There's a flipside to that, though. Being the utter B'Stard (that's not diddling the swear filter, it's homage) and misanthrope that I am, being plugged into personal stereo / MP3 player has made it a lot easier to be completely antisocial - gym, mainly, but also whilst shopping.

Without it - especially in the gym - it can be like a green flag to the needy to try and smile and strike up a conversation with me. FFS what's wrong with these people...

I'll let you into a little secret, too - when I've got earphones in (I don't wear any of those big, fecking stupid cans on my ears while I'm out and about) I don't always have any music playing, I sometimes just have them in, when I'm not in the mood for listening to music, just so that people don't try and make conversation with me. I love hating everybody. Makes me feel all warm inside.
are you related to victor meldrew ? :LOL:

You say that like it'd be a bad thing.

alanf":3gsm7237 said:
my last company tried to stop us having our private mobiles on during working hours, I used a similar line about freedom of information and human rights
Human rights my arse. Freedom of information? **** me.

In a lot of workplaces i.e. anything related to taking card payments, banks, call centres etc it's an absolute that your phone isn't switched on. It's a summary dismissal offence. Many have lockers off the floor for storage. The right for customers not to have their card details stolen trumps the 'human right' to have a mobile to send pointless texts to some daft bint. And rightly so.

Back