70s Harry Quinn - what to do?

The hand painted script for the owner's name is pure C&G. I can't remember the name of the guy who did the hand lettering but he was brilliant. My Harry Quinn and Eddie Soens frames didn't use transfers for the name, it was hand painted.

I reckon the bottle cage bosses could be later addition, they don't seem to tie in with the over bracket cable routing.

I've had it confirmed that the shifter and bottle cage bosses were added by C&G when it was resprayed. Good spot.

The headset is out and the fork number corresponds to the frame - happy days.

Some more detail on the dropouts too.

I forgot that the Campag calipers I have in stock are for a recessed bolt and this frame will require nutted. Also the FD is for a braze on. Any suggestions on what to go for?

If you mean the frame is for a braze-on FD - it isn't. Any 'normal' (ie, not for OS tubing) diameter FM will fit. Don't bother about the cable stops, just run the cable under the BB shell and out between the chainstays direct to the mech.

No, I meant the FD is a braze-on, but I can get an adaptor clamp for that.

So I need (Campag):
Headset
Calipers (for nutted)
FD or clamp.

I'll trawl the ads and see what comes up, but if anyone has something to sell, please get in touch.

PedalofHonour":1zzp779i said:
I had the same problem converting a pair of these brakes, as the standard replacement spindles available are not compatible. I came up with this solution (some may say botch), but it works well.

Fit the front brake to the rear - you'll probably need to turn the brake blocks around if they are directional.

Get a long recessed nut and cut the allen key fitting off. Attach this inside the fork tube to the brake spindle which should be about half way along the nut's thread. Screw a length of spindle in to the other end of the recessed nut and this extends the spindle. Use strong threadlocker on the recessed nut. Mine has been really solid and no problems so far.

Attachments

• Brake photo.JPG
    Brake photo.JPG
    37.3 KB · Views: 414
Back