project 2 forks, mavic crossrides, 27.0 seat post ALL SOLD

konaben82

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
second batch of items up for grabs,

first up is a very nice clean and tidy set of project 2s, these are the modern type with 1 1/8 steerer which is 200mm long, the steerer has had a very thin clear coat applied in order to reduce rust etc (done by previous owner) i have no idea if they are TB or not, they do have nice stylish drop outs though and take either v or disc brakes, i paid over the odds for them on ebay as i was desparate at the time £60! ...They do have a few very small scratches but nothing to lose sleep over

happy to let them go for £50 posted?

next up is a lite stick seat post, this hasnt been used at all but does show signs of where it has lost its 'frame virginity' it was put on a bike i was building but had to abort due to financial issues :(

it wasn't mega expensive as far as I can remember, its 27.0 by 400mm, perfect for a lot of konas ;)

postage will be at least £3 so ...£10 posted? not willing to take any offers on this as I'm sure it will come in handy one day but it's there for the taking if anyone wants it at the moment

next up is a set of mavic crossride wheels, these take either rim or disc brakes, I'm moving these on because Im riding a 29er at the moment and they are just taking up space in the spare room :facepalm:

I bought these off this forum not too long ago and they were listed as true and good bearings - this however was not the case (so I was ripped off really) the front one seems OK but the back one needs attention, it has a slight flat spot and a bit of a wiggle, not ideal for V brakes to be honest but would probably run OK with a disc, bearings don't feel amazing either but it spins round OK
I like to be honest when I sell stuff wheres some other people don't! :x

I paid £75 posted for these which seemed a bargain with the sellers false description... I suppose I would take £50 plus actual postage just to shift them on - this is the original advert: viewtopic.php?p=2014454#p2014454

ALL ITEMS NOW SOLD

Re: project 2 forks, mavic crossrides, 27.0 seat post

How bad is the flat spot on the crossrides, is it possible to put the wheel back to true? Or do you think it's too far gone?

Thanks
Andy.

couple of mm I suppose in one section, it has a couple of lose spokes so it may be able to be pulled into a slightly better shape, i'm no good with a spoke key and don't want to try it either incase it makes it worse!

I mean it spins OK, you probably could run a v brake if it wasnt set up too tightly round the rim.

That doesn't sound too bad, I ride trials so I'm used to playing with spokes, How about the flat spot? Is it noticeable when riding? Do you think you could get the brakes pads hitting the tyre side wall?

Urm you could probably just about get away with it at a push although I haven't used them since I've had them...

I expect the rear brake wouldn't be as good as it would be if it was perfectly straight..

Fancy taking a chance with them!? ;-)

Back