The one and only "HOW MUCH IS MY xyz WORTH" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
easy_rider: best bet is to put it on ebay mate, you can ask for a fixed price here of say £50 and it will either be a steal to someone, or no one will ever buy it, wheras if you whack it on eBay at 99p start, but with a reserve of £50 you will know what its worth (make sure you make it available worldwide)

Gareth: full bike its maybe worth £100 to someone, but most people on here like to buy frames and then build a bike up around that, tbh the rest of the kit isnt worth an awful lot, but as above, you can always give it a whirl on eBay (make sure you can post it though, no one like spick-up only!). You could probably get ride of all the bits on ebay, but youll have to put up with getting a few quid for a mech, and a few quid for shifters etc etc...

old stuff worth owt?

I am a newbie to the site, the photos of all the retro bike have brought back some fond memories. HOWEVER

Due to a motorbike accident a few years ago i cant ride like i would like to(off road) but still have some old bits and bobs in my garage from the 90s i think.

Are they worth any thing.?

xt rear mech

dx front mech

some shimano v brakes and levers, think they could be lx

rear wheel stx rc hub and cassette 7 speed

a pair of gear changers shimano i think rapidfire if my memory serves
me.21 speed i think, may be 24

Kona explosif frame circa 98 i think

and a pair of steel gt front forks, std rigid jobies.

Any input would be great.

Thanks Peter

Re: old stuff worth owt?

collie":31bym3tg said:
I am a newbie to the site, the photos of all the retro bike have brought back some fond memories. HOWEVER

Due to a motorbike accident a few years ago i cant ride like i would like to(off road) but still have some old bits and bobs in my garage from the 90s i think.

Are they worth any thing.?

xt rear mech

dx front mech

some shimano v brakes and levers, think they could be lx

rear wheel stx rc hub and cassette 7 speed

a pair of gear changers shimano i think rapidfire if my memory serves
me.21 speed i think, may be 24

Kona explosif frame circa 98 i think

and a pair of steel gt front forks, std rigid jobies.

Any input would be great.

Thanks Peter

Peter - welcome to the board!
All this stuff sells frequently in the for sale, suggest you do a quick search and see what other stuff went for.
Note the Explosif will fetch good money - some weird brainwahing cult following has evolved. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back