Colnago Master Olympic build thread, and request for advice

Re: Colnago Master Olympic build thread, and request for adv

Thanks all. I have spent quite a while just looking at it over the last 48 hours.

After a good 2 hours final clean and these pics today, I went for a a 10 mile 'test' ride.

Wonderfully smooth, and very responsive (although not to the point of being twitchy). I must have been riding with a very big grin :mrgreen:

A couple of minor adjustments, and it will be ready for a good run tomorrow... as long as the rain stays away that is.

kiwifraser":3h396k63 said:
saarf":3h396k63 said:
:mrgreen: I'll give you a bullseye for it

mate, if it's right, you're talking good dough, looks like it's had a bad paint job, which is a shame
How can you tell it's a Cinelli ?, some frame builders just used a Cinelli cast bb shell case, the seat post clamp from what I can see makes me think it could be right

A good friend of my FIL knows his bikes. He helped me build the Rabobank Colnago, and sort out the good parts from the rubbish yesterday.

He rode this actual frame over 25 years ago, and believes it is a genuine Cinelli. It is badged Cinelli on the Head tube too.

The camera phone/ flash makes the paint look worse than it is in reality. I'll get some more pics later this week of this frame, the AD, and the Super.

A few weeks on, the Master is still a joy to ride. I've finished the workshop clean up and started on the other bikes/ parts too. Next is deciding what is to keep, and what to sell.

I’ve wiped off the dust from the Cinelli Pista, and Austro-Daimler Super Leight frames, taken them outside, and now have some decent photos of them. I thought a few on here might be interested to have a look given the age of them and condition :)

Edited link:

http://s527.photobucket.com/user/kiwifr ... %20AD%20SL

The AD is 54 C-T, and top tube 57 1/2 C-C

The Cinelli is 55 1/2 C-T, and top tube 55 1/2 C-C.

That is assuming I've measured properly!

Anyone knowledgeable to know something about these? Year, Model, etc.

It's all new to me, but I'm keen to understand some history about them, and why my FiL would have had them in his workshop for so long.

A D frames were rebranded as Puch, about 3 years ago I cane across a strange cat who had more than 20 nos frames to sell

saarf":5mjxl0i1 said:
A D frames were rebranded as Puch, about 3 years ago I cane across a strange cat who had more than 20 nos frames to sell

That makes it not so odd having a single apparently unused frame in the workshop :LOL:

The above two frames I believe will be worth quite a sizeable amount of money to a collector. I may not have all the original parts for a period correct track Cinelli, nor would it get the use by me or anyone else in the family. Better selling it to someone who will really appreciate it.

On the rebuild/ use front...

The Rabobank Colnago is obviously done
The second Master Olympic is nearly rebuilt too.
The Raleigh Burner Styler is going to be restored to use as a retro cool BMX next.
The Colnago Super and Flying Scot fate is still undecided yet.

I've struggled to find anything about the Sunn MTB yet, but the plan is to keep it for family runs/ winter use.

20130926_184033_zpsa2bc8e3a.jpg

Both the AD & Track frame are wonderful pieces and your absolutely right, there's money there for sure. The track frame in particular would make a great project.

The MTB will probably get some interest in the mountain bike section. there are a few sunn nerds who'll be able to pin down exactly what it is. It's late 90s, and pretty high end from what I can see though :)

cce":151htma6 said:
The MTB will probably get some interest in the mountain bike section. there are a few sunn nerds who'll be able to pin down exactly what it is. It's late 90s, and pretty high end from what I can see though :)

I put up a post, and had an answer for what it was within minutes. viewtopic.php?f=1&t=272899&p=2038425#p2038425

I'm still to find out much about it, and whether it is/ was a decent bike. It appears to be a fairly rare sight, as I can't find any for sale or sold in classifieds or ebay worldwide.

Having done a few miles on it already, it is a nice ride which hasn't seen too much use since it was purchased 14 years ago. I'll be giving it a decent clean down and service, and take some good photos. Provided the weather is good on Monday, the whole family are going to cycle around Great Cumbrae (Millport) and I'll take it for me to ride.

kiwifraser":2iys11nh said:
The Rabobank Master is finished :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Frame: Colnago Master Olympic Team Rabobank 1996

Fork: Colnago Straight Steel Chrome

Headset: Shimano Dura-Ace 7700
Stem: 3TTT 130mm
Handlebar: 3TTT Grand Prix
Bar Tape: Shimano Pro White

Brake Levers: Shimano Dura-Ace 7700
Brake Calipers: Shimano Dura-Ace 7700
Brake Pads: Shimano Dura-Ace 7700
Brake Cables: Shimano Dura-Ace 7700

Shifters: Shimano Dura-Ace 7700
Front Derailleur: Shimano Dura-Ace 7700
Rear Derailleur: Shimano Dura-Ace 7700
Derailleur Cables: Shimano Dura-Ace 7700
Cassette: Shimano 12-25T
Cranks: Shimano Dura-Ace 7700
Chainrings: Shimano Dura-Ace 7700
Bottom Bracket: Shimano Dura-Ace 7700
Pedals: Shimano Dura-Ace 7700 with Bindi Prestige Straps

Rims: MAVIC Open Pro 32 (Anodised Blue)
Hubs: Shimano Dura-Ace 7700
Hub Skewers: Shimano Dura-Ace 7700
Spokes: DT-Swiss
Tyres: Continental Grand Prix C145
Tubes: Michelin Aircomp Ultralight

Saddle: Selle San Marco Regal (White Leather)
Seatpost: Campagnolo

Bottle Cage: 2 x Elite Ciussi Light Weight Tubular (Turquoise)

P1010372_zpseef0af90.jpg

P1010386_zpse8635b1d.jpg

P1010378_zps72af86b7.jpg

P1010385_zpsbc622842.jpg

P1010377_zps55ca00b2.jpg

P1010376_zps5bff6717.jpg

P1010374_zpsf9e5b3d2.jpg

P1010375_zps6f712dc4.jpg

P1010393_zps55768377.jpg

P1010394_zpsdcec64b0.jpg

P1010384_zps3c3687e6.jpg

P1010381_zpsedeffc55.jpg

P1010380_zpsf09d6f0d.jpg

P1010382_zps34d8758e.jpg

P1010373_zpsefadd765.jpg

P1010379_zps54a43fd0.jpg

P1010395_zpsa88b37c9.jpg

That is one stunning looking bike... Don't know if I could tear my eyes off it long enough to ride it :cool:

Col

Back