Scott Superlite 1992 – Finished (for now!)

WWC

Senior Retro Guru
Hello all

My 92’ Superlite is all back up and running.

As with all my efforts so far I know it won’t be to everyone’s taste but it’d be boring if we were all the same etc etc.

This was bought as a partially up-graded complete bike when I couldn’t afford to do one from scratch.

I’d like to fully XT it and find the right pedals but it’s now looking more as I want it:

Scott Superlite 1992
Mag 21 forks
Hope Ti wheelset (miss-matched, I believe, with the wrong stickers)
XT Rear mech
LX Front mech (I think)
XT M095 shifters
Magura HS11 brakeset
LX crankset (I think)
Ritchey stem (original?)
EA 70 Monkey bars (not quite right but I had them in the shed and I couldn’t get on with the Formula flat bar that it came with)
Pink lock-ons to match the frame (I know…)
Generic seatpost
Scott saddle (original?)
Mix of purple and fluro yellow cable outers
Tyres?

This is a pretty rough and ready bike and will get tidied up over time. That said I find it really charming in its current state, maybe it the hang over 80’s colour scheme?

It feels like a bike that was built to a decent spec in its era (and ridden) that’s been lifted and dropped into 2013 as opposed to a neat repro job.

Anyway here are the pictures you retro fiends:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    163.1 KB · Views: 1,007
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    194.3 KB · Views: 1,007
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    134.6 KB · Views: 1,007
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    135.8 KB · Views: 1,007
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    171.4 KB · Views: 1,006
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    147.3 KB · Views: 1,005
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    147.2 KB · Views: 1,004
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    140.8 KB · Views: 1,006
:cool: Love the colours on the frame, sums up the early 90's for me :)

I'll have to say the only thing I don't really like, is the look of the forks and the bars with the frame, spoils the lines, although I can understand the fitment for comfort, and have toyed with the idea with suspension and riser bars , but cant bring myself to change that 90's head down low down arse up look:(

have you got a original rigid fork for it as I think this would look miles better :)

What's your plans with the bike ?

I know, the bars are miles out.

I may just go back to that black flatbar, or at least a narrower black riser.

The forks I’m happy with (I actually quite like the hazy gold and purple detail with the frame) but I’ve still got the purple rigid ones in the shed just in case!

Plan is to get out and ride it.

Maybe won’t be throwing it down red runs quite yet but I’d like to think it’ll hold its own on a bit of singletrack.

I’m terrible for getting so far with a build then being side tracked by a bargain so this is ‘finished’ (bars notwithstanding) so I can move on to the Zaskar.

Cheers for the constructive feedback though, really appreciated.

:)

Black bars would look much better , if so just to blend in a little ;)

Good to hear your getting out to ride her as she was intended, don't think you'd have any problems on singletrack , red runs l be fine, same as black, might just have to take it a little easier :)

Cant wait to get my scott finished then hit the trails :)

BTW If you dig the forks out when you have five minutes,and you could be bothered I'd love to see a picture of it sat on the original rigid fork :)

Lookin' good ,
Not sure about the saddle though , looks like it's off a girlies' bike :LOL: ;)
Mike

Mmm...interesting point on the saddle?

Only kept as it looks original.

What's a decent period alternative?

Seat should have originally been an avocet racing series saddle , these were also badged with the 'scott' logo on the rear of the saddle too.

If your after an alternative, I think the only seat that would look right is a flite :)

I reckon Mr U is right about the Flite , can't beat 'em brother . IMO any black bar will give it a better look . but what do I know . I have a Scott with Asda colour forks , Waitrose colour stickers , and now a CO-OP bottle cage :LOL: :LOL:
Mike

Re:

I thought after a couple of years dutiful service the old girl deserved a treat (actually to be fair she had some fluro yellow toe-clips about a year ago too!)

Will fit and up-date the pictures for the one other Scott fan on here…

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 659
Back