Univega AKA Moo Moo, Breaking news pg 6

Re: Univega AKA Moo Moo, Rebuilding begins page 2

Getting there , all the parts have nearly been painted , just need to find some time to re-finish the back mech plate and fit :)

I love a rebuild thread like this, keep it up :)

Thank you chris, pleased you are following. :)

The cranks have now been changed out for a more period correct Xtr set , but not content with that , I finally decided to ditch the heavy commuter wheels in favour of a more sporting non period set of yellow mavics, and continental tyres :)

Still need to finish off the rear mech and fit, but in the meantime I had a play and fitted the mavic wheels with continental nobbly tyres, have to say I forgot how nice this bike looks :)

Looks great with the XTR and Mavic bits. I like what you did with the SRAM 9.0 getting it back to clean working order.

Thanks andy, hopefully get some more tinkering time over the weekend to finish and rebuild and fit the new mech :)

Might look for some new brakes for it next I reckon :)nor sure if to go back to cantilever ones though hmm

That's coming on really well, I like your approach to the rebuild and IMO you'll finish up with an original bike which will probably become your favourite rider. Amazing work on the
mech BTW - my efforts in that direction are limited to refitting the pivot bolt on an STX mech. But now you have inspired me to take it a step (or four) further :D

Udderly superb :cool: :cool:

Though I think he may be milking it a bit :facepalm:

I fetch me coat :roll: :oops:

Hi Ian ,
I'm sure I saw those wheels in your Scott . Look good in Ermintrude too mate ! :LOL:
Mike

Back