Miffed!

That would be nice but i the seller wants the post back, he said:

I didn't see any cracks. I apologize for the oversight.

He must be blind or just trying his luck

A long time ago, mainly with car stuff in fact, I learnt that my idea of "mint" is a very, very long way from some other people's idea of the meaning of the word.

It largely seems to mean "looks OK from a distance, if you're not fussy" :roll:

highlandsflyer":5ywo894g said:
I reckon the pictures on the listing were retouched.

It’s hard to see the cracks in a photo, although he certainly did not take any pictures of the scratched areas, the rear of the post is quite scratched but you will notice he has not shown this in his pictures.

The pictures could be brushed, hard to tell..

I think you can just make out the crack in this photo:

Even if the post was not cracked it is not in as good condition as I had hoped. It certainly looks a lot better in the pictures. But as Sundayjumper said, one man’s mint is another man’s marmite!

Just sent the post back via RM, another £15 down the drain. :twisted:

Issues like this make you value the good traders on this site even more.

dan smith":3jrbjgv5 said:
Im tempted to open a paypal claim right away, im really annoyed that someone would sell such a damaged item. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

I would post some pics but image shack seems to be having problems..its not my day today.... :facepalm:
If desperate to take pics and post them, I used a normal SLR/digital, then "Open With" "Paint", click on "resize", change the setting from "percentage" to "pixels". Then I change the largest value to 1000 and then "Save As". This saved file with then load directly to RB.

The Ebay pic looked like a new and unused post. If yours has any signs of wear, it's misleading selling and you should complain to Ebay. The seller may have advertised a new one, then sent you a shot one. That has happened to me before.

danwithaplan":27x51w8l said:
That's crap. eBay definitely seems to have a higher proportion of idiots than it ought to.

I'm being messed around by a bloke asking me to give him positive feedback before I have the item as his Paypal account has been frozen, but he's already sent the item. Except it hasn't arrived yet. Which is unsurprising.
I have had this situation happen to me a few months ago.
They mess you about, but want you to give good feedback before they comply, so that their rating isn't damaged. The one I had would not send my goods until I had given a good rating. I did this reluctantly and still had to wait an eternity to get my goods, which were not as advertised.

I have found that this usually happens with sites outside the UK.

I complained to Ebay, but they seem to drag their feet these days.

dan smith":31f4hz9s said:
Just sent the post back via RM, another £15 down the drain. :twisted:

Issues like this make you value the good traders on this site even more.
Make sure you leave appropriate feedback, it's the only way.

I bought a mint xtr m970 front mech. It arrived and the cage was cracked. I did get a full refund, though out of pocket for return postage, which is a pain, especially as in order to ensure it got back I paid extra for signed for.

I think eBay should adjust its rules and make the sellers of items not as described pay/refund return and also outbound postage. At least this would act as a slight deterrent, but not much more.

Leaving feedback before items are posted is crazy. You will not be able to open a claim if you do this will you?

Got my money back via paypal in the end for this item. However it seems that the seller has re-listed the it!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ringle-MOBY-Bla ... 1c379d74bc

He has mentioned the crack but understated it, he has also not mentioned the crack in the top of the seatpost. The photos are also very flattering, the post goes not look half as good in the flesh.

Just a headsup for anyone thinking about buying this item.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Back