pseudoscope

videojetman

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
i have just ordered a kit to make my very own pseudoscope.
very excited by this.
some, if not most will not have a clue what it is, or what it does.
when i have built it i shall enlighten people on this device.
meanwhile just google "pseudoscope" if you can't wait.
one for the geeks out there.

well i have now finished this device.
and i am happy to say it works.
so what does it do ?
basically it takes the image from your left eye & swaps it with your right eye and vice versa.
and the effect is making things further away seem close up and things close up seem further away.
making things convex look concave & vice versa.
so what is the point of it ?
well none really, i just wanted to see the world in different way, without the use of illicit drugs.

Attachments

• IMG_5564.JPG
    IMG_5564.JPG
    60.9 KB · Views: 3,440
  • IMG_5565.JPG
    IMG_5565.JPG
    65.9 KB · Views: 3,440
Never seen or heard of one of those before, but may have to track a kit down as a Christmas gift for Dad - it's the sort of thing that would intrigue him!

Although I am slightly disappointed that a pseudoscope is not, in fact, something that enables you to detect whether someone or something is worthy of inclusion in Private Eye's "Pseuds' Corner". ;)

David

videojetman":1uc1lp1q said:
http://www.grand-illusions.com/acatalog/Pseudoscope_Kit.html
above is the link to where i bought the kit from.
there is a lot to building this device.
but well worth the effort.

£23, so may have to be his "big" present alongside some stocking fillers!

Invented by Charles Wheatstone, no less (of electric telegraph & Wheatstone Bridge fame). Never knew that.

David

The Pseudoscope swaps the incoming images, so that the right eye sees what the left eye would have seen, and vice versa. The pseudoscope therefore does to front and back what a mirror does to left and right. This means that foreground becomes background and visible background becomes foreground, or more simply, background advances, foreground recedes.

:shock: My brain would explode.

Back