When does it stop ?

No!! Want Twenty Hundred Million........GearsandGearsandGears......

Dinnae quite see it masel, either- I did fine with twelve gear downtube non index shifters.............hmmm...........(he thinks)........might be fun to try that again....

As Rick said in 'The Young Ones' - 'technological freakout man!'

I'm still getting to grips with having 9 instead of 7 on my MTB! Still only got 8 on the road bike.

After all, the right gear is the one you're in and riding comfortably so does having 11 make any difference to this?

Hasn't this happened since the days of 5 speed? You say you don't want it or need it, next thing you know your as smug as a bug in a rug with your 1 more gear than your mate. Your colleagues also marvel at your abundance of gears as they lift your steed incredulously.

Just like the Amps in Spinal Tap..they go up to 11.

Let's just hope that the wheel dish doesn't get any worse...

given my last road cassette was a 12-23, is there really much point in giving more gear choice?

Well, if the chainline problem can be solved (floating chainring?) then double chainsets become redundant along with the front mech and the left STI. Another handy weight saving.

hamster":1ijrw3gm said:
Just like the Amps in Spinal Tap..they go up to 11.

Let's just hope that the wheel dish doesn't get any worse...

also noticed the volume on the BBC i player goes up to 11 :)

hamsters got it

Hamsters got it
We will all go faster because its 11 ! just like spinal taps amps being louder. :cool:
Man when where they going to tell me I needed this :shock:

Jamie

Back