Proflex and Elastomers

tenorclef

Dirt Disciple
I've almost been going round in circles trying to get some elastomer's for my Proflex 455. So thank you for this great site and friendly helpful souls for their help and assistance. I hadn't realized that 'elastomer' is just a fancy name for rubber! Any way thanks to SLIM for passing on some spares he had , they pretty much do the job.

On another note i tried the old microwave trick on my old rock solid yellow elastomer's, left them in the microwave on full power for about 10 seconds, this worked and put the elasticity back into them (they can really bounce!), unfortunately i would not recommend this trick because they do not have enough rigidness in them to be useful. I'm now having to leave them next to the window so that they can stiffen up a little and see if i can maybe try them again 6 months from now.

Any way here's a few photos of my bike overhauled. The Front shock is a Rock Show 'Dart 3', new gel tech seat and a new disc break attached to front with a matching set of Mach 1 wheels.

Attachments

• close up left.JPG
    close up left.JPG
    104.7 KB · Views: 1,246
This next photo is for Callum as you said you needed some precise specs-

Attachments

• sepcs for proflex.jpg
    sepcs for proflex.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 1,240
unfortunately I think you'll find once you've baked or boiled your elastomers once that's it. They'll go hard again and any amount of remedial work won't help... stick with Slim's ones and you'll be fine. :D

Yeah i figured as i had a set from SLIM, i had nothing to lose by trying the experiment. The ones i got off SLIM are about right, they could have been maybe 5mm bigger as their is a bit of play but not to noticeable and the set he sent me are much better than the rock solid elastomers i had on my bike. I could tell straight away when i got on my bike the difference they made. They provide a slight rebound, nothing crazy or major but much better than a hard tail. i gather after you rode them about 10 times or so they develop a little bit more flexibility.

Any way if your reading this SLIM.....thanks for the elastomers! :D

Latest posts

Back