Tiny little pea head - helmets !

Jlace

Retro Newbie
Hi
im new to cycling and its time to buy my first helmet
I have a tiny head its really small and just was wondering if anybody had some good tips on decent brands and helmets that are quite small sized :)
thanks for your help

Jlace":2k68ffuh said:
Hi
im new to cycling and its time to buy my first helmet
I have a tiny head its really small and just was wondering if anybody had some good tips on decent brands and helmets that are quite small sized :)
thanks for your help

MET are pretty good in my experience - you may end up going for one of the kids/youth range (such as the Crackerjack, which looks decent without having any childish graphics - the peak-less equivalent for roadies seems to be the Gamer model) if you have a small bonce, but will save yourself a few quid in the process. I have the opposite problem, fortunately the appropriately named Estro suits extra-large heads like mine!

David

I recommend Louis Garneau, usually available @ Evans, best fit I've found and even better in the sale. Also LAS size small is a good fit.

If you do get an helmet my advice is to wear it correctly! one inch above your eyebrows
and the strap adjusted so you can get two fingers tightly between your chin and the strap
and NEVER wear the helmet on the back of your head! I've lost count how many cyclists I spot
are wearing them incorrectly. Most LBS should set up the helmet correctly for you.

Measure round your head - you will find that the better manufacturers produce different sizes (assuming you don't need to go down to child's). I have a Bell Sweep in medium which says it is for 55 to 59 cm, so ideal for my small-ish 56cm bonce.

Best advice is to try them on in a shop where somene knows what they are doing and not from the internet..........I tried on a few at the LBS and found a Bell which fitted nice :D

No doubt it was more expensive than t'internet but at least I know it fits.

Shaun

Back