Raleigh Dyna Tech appreciation and information thread

mattr":1voc5fby said:
konahed":1voc5fby said:
I believe there's supposed to be a 90 degree angle on the straddle wire.
Nah, that's just the default setting. First thing we always did when getting cantis was to get rid of the shimano straddle link (that pretty much eliminated the option to tune the brake set up) and pop an aftermarket straddle in there. So we could tune the brakes.

What is your preferred angle then?

konahed":3oitnvr0 said:
Depends on the frame, rim, which brake, how long the brake shoe studs are, how worn the pads are, front or rear, how you've got the lever set up and how you want the brake to feel.
90 degrees is just a nominal "does everything ok if everything is sort of within tolerance"

mattr":14oqto3g said:
konahed":14oqto3g said:
Depends on the frame, rim, which brake, how long the brake shoe studs are, how worn the pads are, front or rear, how you've got the lever set up and how you want the brake to feel.
90 degrees is just a nominal "does everything ok if everything is sort of within tolerance"

So basically if you dont know what you're doing 90 degrees it's best to stick to 90 degrees?

konahed":2n4jo6c3 said:
So basically if you dont know what you're doing 90 degrees it's best to stick to 90 degrees?
It's a good starting point, yes. Ditching the shimano straddle will then let you explore a bit.........

A good place to find this stuff out in more detail might be sheldon browns site. That'll give you hints and tips. Or a CX forum.

Hi,

I lowered mine on my Diablo after reading something in MBUK about it and it does make a difference.

No need to change the straddle, you have the dia compe ones that will allow you to lower them (just undo the nut) but you have no spare cable. You could cut back some of the outer if you have any spare to free up some inner cable. I would be reluctant to change your cables for longer ones because you have the thicker 2mm cables and you can't buy them anymore. Replacing the 2mm thick cables with thinner cables would degrade performance.

One thing that I was really glad I did was spray lacquer over all the stickers, helped them last much longer. Did this back in 94 when they started getting damaged.

Somewhere I will have this bike in the 1993 SP Cat, but I am in the process of moving so don't have it to hand

Nice bike

Hope this helps....

TSC.":kfrtcb6r said:
How have I missed this epic thread. LOVING some of the bikes here :)

Anyway, to add to the thread, my own 96 Torus :)

DSC_1274.jpg

Dream bike!

Love it and one day I will have one! :)

My first retrobike post and my just about resurected Dynatech MT5.

Attachments

• my_dyna_001.jpg
    my_dyna_001.jpg
    212.7 KB · Views: 392
  • my_dyna_002.jpg
    my_dyna_002.jpg
    191.3 KB · Views: 392
Been riding about on my Dynatech Diablo for a few months now, proper budget fun, very undderated bike :D
Ian

Attachments

• dynatech 44.JPG
    dynatech 44.JPG
    73.5 KB · Views: 373
Back