leaving feedback.

Feedback.

As bad As dibs. Some bother some don't, if you are too scared to take a chance don't buy, and I have never looked anyone one up beofore buying either. Christ what did every body do, before this site when buying. feedback-dibs, its all childsplay, Man up.

END.

When I have posted goods and not heard a peep from the buyer I often wonder if they are waiting for me to post some feedback first. Have half the folk on here got it the wrong way round or have I for that matter?
I choose who I sell to, and buy off based on the tone of their messages and listings not their feedback. I do however appreciate any feedback left for me and will always reciprocate, i'm sure it is a valuable tool for those who do not frequent the site often and are unfamiliar with sellers.
It seems a miracle to me that this part of the site runs so smoothly on goodwill alone, I was gobsmacked at the level of trust shown from a complete stranger last year who made a gift payment of £1200 or thereabouts for a bike that was going into the post which he had never clapped eyes on, he would have had virtually no protection in this case. Without a positive feedback thread would the transaction ever have taken place I wonder?
I say use it.

sinnerman":9tamiz3i said:
Feedback.

As bad As dibs. Some bother some don't, if you are too scared to take a chance don't buy, and I have never looked anyone one up beofore buying either. Christ what did every body do, before this site when buying. feedback-dibs, its all childsplay, Man up.

END.

Child's play or not, I like getting new satisfied feedback and I get pleasure giving it too, it's just like pressies at Christmas, having a little pile to open on that day makes you smile, and then seeing the pleasure your gifts give, especially for your little ones, is even better :D I say enjoy the process.

Alison

Isaac_AG":1opboyoi said:
sinnerman":1opboyoi said:
Feedback.

END.

Child's play or not, I like getting new satisfied feedback and I get pleasure giving it too, it's just like pressies at Christmas, having a little pile to open on that day makes you smile, and then seeing the pleasure your gifts give, especially for your little ones, is even better :D I say enjoy the process.

Alison

That's no different to doing a deal and sending and receiving an email.

Equally as satisfying.

Whilst feedback is "LOVELY"..., given the amount of business and the amount of feedback I wouldn't rely on it, before contemplating doing business.

i think if i was spending £1000 + on a much saught after unicorn.
i would definitely be looking for some kind of feedback.
i like to take risks on a set of cantilver pads,
but when it comes to something substantial, positive feedback can't really harm the deal.

videojetman":1snkvygv said:
i think if i was spending £1000 + on a much saught after unicorn.
i would definitely be looking for some kind of feedback.
i like to take risks on a set of cantilver pads,
but when it comes to something substantial, positive feedback can't really harm the deal.

(Current example,) I have been chasing a bike for 2 years, Its the first, handbuilt and predates the far east production model, its in need of work and a fair bit of it.

Its £1000, and 300 hundred miles away, no feedback threads to go by and I have never dealt with the fella.

If I leave it I Loose it.

Am I going to do that...? HELL NO, if I worried about feedback recommendations etc etc etc, I wouldn't have achieved half of the collection I have.

Good communication between buyer and seller is all that is required, and a small amount of common sense.

I know the system isn't perfect as I purchased something off a chap on here, been around a couple of years, true not rolling in feedback, but all the same after assurances of quality I bought the item and found it to be well, well below the assurances. I still like the feedback system though and still appreciate getting it.

Alison

Back