1998 Kona Kilauea 18"

ratbane

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Look what the courier just delivered. This'll be the third one I've owned since 1998, and I'm pondering a rear disc tab this time.

Plenty of scratches to the Munificent Mustard, but no dents/dings. But this is the best riding Kona frame in the best size!

Even came with an unexpected, original LX chainset in good nic, and K seat collar.

I'll post build updates.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 1,075
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 1,061
cool then I'll let you know if I can afford it, probably can't. Missed one on evil bay for 20 quid. Grrr

Had one in the same colour BITD , Manitou SXR forks were a good colour match on mine . Seem to remember it had blue grips and blue Flite saddle too . Just giving you ideas . Not selling any !

I had one out of the box in 1998. Z3 BAMs, Kona saddle with yellow inserts, and a mix of LX and XT. Frame was warranty replaced with a 1999 Explosif.

Got any pics of it ? I built mine up from a frame only . Wish I'd kept it sometimes but the position wasn't racey enough for me
Mike

Mike Muz 67":3fdqzvci said:
Got any pics of it ? I built mine up from a frame only . Wish I'd kept it sometimes but the position wasn't racey enough for me
Mike

No. Only had it for a few weeks, and it was warranty replaced with an 853 Explosif, pics of which have been on these forums. Back in those days Konas customer service was excellent.

Nooooo to disc tabs. This and the Hei Hei of that year are the only ones I like in the range. Cracking colour and frameset.

Found all that remains of mine at last ,
a piccie :(

Hmmmm .... think I know where my ex workmate I flogged it too , still lives :idea: :facepalm:

Mike

Attachments

• K 1.jpg
    K 1.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 626
Back