1994 Yeti ARC AS

spwal":awk49ykr said:
file.php

Stunning

...better you can not build it.

JustKev":tcpvrl66 said:
spwal":tcpvrl66 said:
All the anno matches very well...it is the lighting effect. The stem is infact turquoise and not cobalt. The bar looks a lot richer in person.

Can we see it in natural light?

Here are some shots in natural light and early apologies for such poor photography.

I purchased this build from spwal who did most of the heavy lifting. I sourced Grafton JoyStix, Re-Entrys, perches (all reano'd together) and installed a new SS Phil Wood BB with a 127mm spindle to work well with the cranks. Couldn't locate a more period corrrect BB that I felt good about. Specs are as follows:

z50g.jpg

hoxn.jpg

zsy6.jpg

j3ow.jpg

qzqr.jpg

31rk.jpg

My daily rider is a 99' ARC with modern XTR throughout but this little 17.5" 94' feels so much more nimble and responsive that it's going to be difficult not to take point. Fortunately, I have some solid M900 cranks to make that a viable option, hence the Phil Wood BB vs a 20 yr old Grafton Speed Case.

lzk3.jpg

Oh wow! Not long over a heart attack.. I nearly just had another! Always wanted wheels like that on my ARC. Truly, this is a stunning bike. Same colour.... and thought it was the same frame as mine, but I see it has subtle rear suspension. Had totally forgotten about this model. So envious. D

Ps... I have silver hyperlites sitting about un-used. Don't know what Answer did, but they sure made some super shiney bars! :) Oh God, now I've spotted the Grafton cranks. I'm going.

Many thanks. Most of the credit should go to the original owner but after the re-sourcing of all of the Grafton parts, the re-ano, overhaul of the 900 groupo etc I feel I have it pretty well covered. Make no mistake, there are those that feel it's not subtle enough for an ARC build but I like it and will ride it with a smile on my face.

Back