South Bound's Funk Build (now without Funk!)

Re: Finally arrived...

South Bound":2ex5btlw said:
Anyone know anything about it? How I could tell what model/year it is? Where the frame number should be?

Frame numbers seem quite random and the only person who can answer why doesn't reply to his emails :roll: :roll:

Look under the rear dropout or under the BB shell..

Hideous 'Meat is Yummy' and 'Kill your TV' stickers removed and no nasties hiding underneath - phew. Still can't work out why he taped the RHS chainstay on an E-Stay bike, will take that off later and remove the mech (hope to sell or swap for DX if it cleans up ok) and BB to see just what I have.

Can't find a frame number anywhere, will keep looking.

Could any of you Funk owners point me in the direction of your frame measurements so I can try and work out what size this is and what size post it needs? Thanks.

South Bound":5036l9d0 said:
Could any of you Funk owners point me in the direction of your frame measurements so I can try and work out what size this is and what size post it needs? Thanks.

I would say that is a 16.5" frame and with the smoother welds may well be a 31.6 seatpost :)

They do vary quite wildly so please don't rely on 31.6 being correct cos they also did 26.8, 27.2 and 31.8 as well.

Just measure c-c on seat tube and post the results up here, also post up the top tube length.

P.S What does the red decal on the seat tube say?

Hmmm, will have to check sizing before I do anything - this really might be too small for me, will measure and do a dummy build before I make any decisions.

Decal is a frog against a Stars and Stripes saying something like Made in USA.

South Bound":3lnclcrq said:
Hmmm, will have to check sizing before I do anything - this really might be too small for me, will measure and do a dummy build before I make any decisions.

Where abouts in the country are you (I have a set of professional seatpost sizing rods ;) )

I am near Oxford, thanks for the thought.

Will have a quick play with measurements etc later (after painting, kids' baths, etc blah) and see what I have actually bought.

Reckon thats a 17" max there matey,my serial number is stamped on the rear dropout but then mines an older model than yours.

Cant understand the e-stay wrapping either,maybe just over-cautious

Brucie bonus with the Ringle collar?

lol, Ringle, eh? Glad you know what it is - I was going to ask! Used to be purple from the colour on the inside.

Hmmm again, 17"? Reckon I am gonna struggle with that, humpf. Will measure it all up later and you can depress me by telling me I have to saw my legs off at the knee to be able to ride it.

Back