My Lemond

My sort of geometry! I have a gibbon in the family tree somewhere! Lemonds just look fast! One of my followed riders as a young 'un.

thats it ,good isnt it ! a real work of art id say ,it holds the star's and stripes and the french tri-color . i wonder if exact copies could be made?
tell me spear , how do all of your other bikes compare handling wise ?
when i got my Lemond it was every thing they said 'stable enough for time trialling ,yet flickable through the peleton, wanting you to charge up hills and of course, a good decender.

I have to say it's a great bike,stable,solid and beautifully made.Much better built than the Colnago master I once owned and as good as the Merckx I had. I've always had Campagnolo parts as I've always thought Shimano was a poor substitute.

I've just seen the new limited edition Lemond carbon bikes,I'll be buying one and posting a pic on here in 20 years time..

Spear45":27ls6nst said:
I've just seen the new limited edition Lemond carbon bikes,I'll be buying one and posting a pic on here in 20 years time..

I've jsut been looking at those too... I'd love one but I suspect they are well outside my price range :shock:

http://bikepure.org/2013/09/lemond-bike ... interbike/

Here is my 1997 Lemond Buenos Aires. Not as nice as the bike above but I like it.

9336719950_24ab556ffb.jpg

I know... it's a Trek era 853 frame but I've owned it from new. I loved watching Greg race BITD so when I wanted a road bike I bought the best Lemond I could afford. I bought it new in 1997 and used it to ride with the local roady club (Fleet Feet Triathletes) for a year while I was training for the Scottish Cycling Union XC series. After that year I drifted away from racing and road riding. I didn't sell the bike but I did lend it to a few friends over the next bunch of years. This year I started training for the Trans-Savoie Big Mountain Enduro race and used it to ride to work - 29 miles with 1,700ft of climbing according to Strava. Its been great to get acquanted with it again and we've been climbing up the local Strava rankings together. As far as I can remember its pretty original... one new chain, a new seatpost, some new tyres and tubes... and I had to replace all the spokes in the back wheel. Its all the roady I need although the weight and old school gearing is a bit of a bitch on the big local hill (Cairn O'Mount).

Nice one's spear, i guess utopia would be a global hand s up, whos got one ?
We are told only 100 were built, not sure if that is 'gan' race badge holder's inc ?
ive even sean some of these with a pump pip behind the head tube which again , barks back to the tsx.
im re building mine with clunky campag 8/s but one day hope to try out shimano tri-colour on a diff project...just for the hell of it!
thanks spear

nice ones mesiah ! one of the feature's i really like on lemonds is the aero fork crown which is so so unobrusive , however i know that 853 joints are tig wealds that stengthen with air cooling.
I guess 853 is well silky i hear its in direct weight comparison to some titanium !

messiah":153x6pce said:
Spear45":153x6pce said:

I've jsut been looking at those too... I'd love one but I suspect they are well outside my price range :shock:

http://bikepure.org/2013/09/lemond-bike ... interbike/

Here is my 1997 Lemond Buenos Aires. Not as nice as the bike above but I like it.

9336719950_24ab556ffb.jpg

I know... it's a Trek era 853 frame but I've owned it from new. I loved watching Greg race BITD so when I wanted a road bike I bought the best Lemond I could afford. I bought it new in 1997 and used it to ride with the local roady club (Fleet Feet Triathletes) for a year while I was training for the Scottish Cycling Union XC series. After that year I drifted away from racing and road riding. I didn't sell the bike but I did lend it to a few friends over the next bunch of years. This year I started training for the Trans-Savoie Big Mountain Enduro race and used it to ride to work - 29 miles with 1,700ft of climbing according to Strava. Its been great to get acquanted with it again and we've been climbing up the local Strava rankings together. As far as I can remember its pretty original... one new chain, a new seatpost, some new tyres and tubes... and I had to replace all the spokes in the back wheel. Its all the roady I need although the weight and old school gearing is a bit of a bitch on the big local hill (Cairn O'Mount).

Back