King Kikapu resto:)

adeyb":1gmj0daz said:
Tried and got stuck!
Help?
Ade

Just paste the link to your photo in your message with
at the end :D

That's what I've done, just get "?" in the box, but R-clicking it allows you to go to the image, so there is a link to it, just not displaying in the post...
:(

adeyb":idg57chr said:
That's what I've done, just get "?" in the box, but R-clicking it allows you to go to the image, so there is a link to it, just not displaying in the post...
:(

If you go to the image you want to display in your Photobucket and where it says 'links to share this photo' click the bottom option IMG it will copy the complete link you need like so....

Sorted - Thanks!!!!

Hope you all like the bike
Rode it today: Nice Kona-type handling.
Pleased with the rear suspension feel with the coil (the air shock was pants, but original at least)
Z1s are still great forks, but I could do with some "firm" springs, if anyone has some out there.
Also, would be interested in seat stays as a spare, if any crop up.

Cheers!
Adey

Ooooooh, that's lovely :cool: - purest orange too :p . I've owned many Kona f/s bikes but they've all been more recent models. Always wanted a yellow U'i back in the day (same era as yours I think but the lowest model in the range). One day . . .

Thanks! - I know the bars aren't retro, but there was no way I was putting 25.4mm bars on: I had a pair of Azonics snap last year and nearly de-spleened myself...

I think the funky-yellow one you're referring to was the Sex-Three: niiiiiiice bike. I blew the majority of my first student loan on a Munimula of the same year!

They did a Coiler-Primo in a very similar colour in about 2006, which I lusted after (ended up with the Deluxe version instead - was a good bike)

Adey :)

Fanx!

Not ridden a URT before and was concerned re: the slagging off they get on other forums (fori?)

Surprisingly compliant both seated and standing.

Cheers!
Adey

That looks great Ade :)
Whats interesting is that my 97 U'hu has bearings for the main pivot. Did yours come with the bushes fitted?
Maybe mine had the bearings as a modification :?:

adeyb":10vj6aiz said:
Fanx!

Not ridden a URT before and was concerned re: the slagging off they get on other forums (fori?)

Surprisingly compliant both seated and standing.

Cheers!
Adey

Its a linkage suspension not what I understand to be a urt. So that is probably why its decent!

Lovely restoration, top work

Back