XTR Thumbshifters ??

The DA/Paul is a nice setup.
I do have a long cage Dura Ace 7402 mech and didn't think they were supposed to exist, and I've seen a couple of anomalous Campag mech's - so there is the remotest chance....maybe.. :LOL:

Hopefully kase1983 will come and shed some light, since he's apparently seen some....

My post seems to have not taken, so i'll try again.

There where adaptors companies made for them. One was a bronze version and they attached on top of the RF mount.
The IPC Convertor.

I've looked for the article this time and it was on mombat
991ICS.jpg

iirc there where also a few others available.

Thought about this once before. I felt that the round body that the wire wraps around should be low and fit into the clamp body in a more streamlined fashion. The lever would be similar to the current XTR ones with the letters cut out.

Attachments

• XTR_thumb2.jpg
    XTR_thumb2.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 1,017
sinnerman":s9nen3ue said:
the closest you will get to my knowledge is a Durace shifter mounted on a clamp, Pauls Etc.

I've just fitted a set of the Durace TT shifters with Pauls clamps to my clockwork in order to 9-speed it.

They do work really well - but the extra arc that the shifter has to turn through to get the extra two speeds makes them slightly less perfect to use than I'd hoped they would be (given the money I spent on them !). It's a minor niggle though.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Lid":tczvpogn said:
Thought about this once before. I felt that the round body that the wire wraps around should be low and fit into the clamp body in a more streamlined fashion. The lever would be similar to the current XTR ones with the letters cut out.

Agree, thinner yes. Possibly fatter to give more torque :?
You clamp is very modern looking, i will *crit it as possibly being too modern for a thumbie , as in maybe the curving is wrong.
The lettering ? Are you meaning as in stamped or forged in ?

*crit or criticism is a very important part of design. I love crit :D

...the closest to XTR thumbies I've ever seen where these Paul/DuraAce things made by a friend for his lightweight project.... 10 speed and under 100g...

Attachments

• 10 speed thumbies.jpg
    10 speed thumbies.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 786
Back