What was your first mobile phone?

Panasonic EB-G350 with the extended battery. Bought in 1994 with my summer job money. I was 16 at the time and one of the first kids in school with one. In fact BITD the general consensus over here was that only businessmen would ever buy cellphones.

I paid 8500 BEF for it, which translates to around £ 180.

92801_640.jpg

John":2u0n6i1g said:
yagamuffin":2u0n6i1g said:
The T28 was the best phone at the time, I loved mine.
John, is that Nokia the 'Matrix' phone?

Flip FTW, did seem super high tech for 2000!

Google says it wasn't the matrix phone sadly. The one I had was a dressed up 8210, the matrix one looked more curved

And wasn't the one used in The Matrix kinda mocked up, too - the whole press a button and the lower bit snaps out, wasn't ever released on a normal, sold-to-the-public Nokia, was it?

Got an iPhone 5s yesterday.

Faintly ridiculous looking at this thread what amused and impressed us just a few years ago compared to now.

after many years of refusing to get one I was forced to get a phone and got this

its outlived all my others, I take it everywhere I cant take my other phone. I even stuff it in a condom and go swimming with it

Attachments

• 41WEBE007VL__SY445_.jpg
    41WEBE007VL__SY445_.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 900
suburbanreuben":1gqpte8q said:
BobToo":1gqpte8q said:
Did anybody take advantage of Cellnet's everlasting credit glitch?

Who?

BT Cellnet, they became O2.

It's starting to come back to me now. The credit balance was stored on the phone rather than at the phone company as you would expect. There was a modification you could have done that would reset the credit to £10 when you switched the phone off and switched it on again.

Motorola 2900 bag phone - I even had the hands free attachment for the car which consisted of a long wire with a microphone attached to the end.

1994.jpg

Back