BSA Competition Reynolds 531 Campagnolo - SOLD

dafyddp

Retro Newbie
I've bought a winter bike, so unfortunately a couple of my old bikes have to go - including this one which is my favourite. As many of you know, it was produced by Raleigh (Worksop, 1982 as far as I can see from the frame number) and is made from 531 Reynolds tubing with a five speed Campagnolo groupset. It has 20mm tyres and weighs in at around 11kg, so still flies around the country lanes. There's a few chips in the paintwork and one of the brake hoods has perished a little (see photo). The rims are Mavic and the hubs are Maillard so I guess it was a fairly decent mid-range bike in its time. it also comes with the original toe clips and straps (no attached at present).
I'll be very sad to see it go, but needs must and all that...

I'm after £180 o.n.o

Dafydd

BSA-Competition.jpg

mont1.jpg

mont2.jpg

clips.jpg

nb I haven't sold a bike on here before, and this one's also on ebay at the moment, I hope that's okay

Re: BSA Competition Reynolds 531 Campagnolo

Hello,

I am interested but don't see any shipping info. Are you able to post it?
Im based in north Scotland.

ta

J

Happy to if you (or anyone else) can recommend a courier.

Parcel 2 go have always been good for me. Can you tell me the frame size in cm? I don't see it posted.

I had a look at Parcels 2 Go but they bumped me over to AnyVan.com on account of the dimension/weight of the box. AnyVan.com are effectively brokers, and the first quote that came in was £30, but other sites are quoting closer to £50, so I'm guessing you'll be looking at somewhere in between for a decent service with tracking/insurance.

The frame size (seat tube top to middle of BB) is around 22" (56 cm). This surprised me a bit as I'm about 5'8" and it fits really well - very comfortable on the reach (with the seat raised as per the photo). On modern bikes a 22"/56" frame would rate 'Large', but in my view, this is definitely a 'Medium" sized frame. All my other bikes are 21"/54cm so I think it's down to the geometry of the frame.

Back