Ebay panic

kermitgreenkona88":3vyi0fyo said:
Get it sent to a mates house or several mates houses then bring it in slowly so she doesn't notice then you will be ok...................................................................................... Maybe :!: :!: :!: :LOL:
That's what I do. I also got a couple of Yamaha SG's that way too and she didn't realise it! :LOL:

Or the one I hate

You wait months for an item and then two come along ending within half an hour of each other, do you put a low bid on the first on the off chance you hit lucky but risk loosing out and paying over the odds for the second one? Or do you bit high on the first one and then watch as the second sells of peanuts? It's a loose loose situation.

Confronted with another hope green hub today. Its trials/SS and the only reason im not counting the cost now is you cant put a standard pro 2 freehub on this version.
Thank goodness

Rob H":zbgs1zpv said:
Or the one I hate

You wait months for an item and then two come along ending within half an hour of each other, do you put a low bid on the first on the off chance you hit lucky but risk loosing out and paying over the odds for the second one? Or do you bit high on the first one and then watch as the second sells of peanuts? It's a loose loose situation.

Make sure you win the first one, then see if you can get the second for slightly less, thereby getting a bargain and meaning you have a backup :)

Ive regretted not bidding on so many things that have gone cheap. mind you (not bike related) I once bid on a car trailer because I thought somebody would outbid me. turns out nobody else bid :facepalm:

on the positive side, I did get a car trailer for £30, used it a lot for 18 months (and I mean a lot) and then sold it for £40. :LOL:

sometimes these things just pay off.

often you can just message the seller and tell them you made a mistake this item is not compatible with your intentions for it and they can cancel your bid. I friendly seller will do that and I have done it before. I bought a set of tires the other day they I found last minute when I decided I wanted some out of production 29x2.0 tires. These were NOS and just the right tread pattern and weight so I bid. I think I won them for $58, which seemed fine for a nice set of tires... funny thing is after the auction was over I see it started with an option to BIN at $55, but that was well before I found them and people had already started bidding thus cancelling the option. DOH! whatever.. it was $3.

Back