1995 Kona Kilauea ;P

All done now and loving it but damn that stem is gonna take some getting used to :shock:

p4pb10133848.jpg

Bandana follows a trend from my other rides (Cove Hooker and STD which may be a little inappropriate to lock up in the Catholic school where I work :oops: ) but covers up the missing Kila decal nicely. I'm now desperately resisting the urge to fit riser bars and big flat pedals.

p4pb10133847.jpg

Lynne i have a relatively short 1" stem (prob 100mm max reach with a little rise) if you want to try it? Not got a cable guide but i've also got a headset one you can have.

there's also a NOS t-bone on ebay (think it might be in the states though :oops: ) with 80mm reach and a bit of rise (with int cable)

Looking good though Butt :LOL:

Cheers And! Reckon I'll stick with the stem for the time being until I can source a shorter Velocity and funds allow - it just looks so right. I ran a 120mm Control Tech jobbie on my old '96 Cinder Cone - guess I just need to get used to that classic retro ride feel again - gawd knows how I used to have 6" of seatpost showing though :LOL:

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Looks like it maybe a little shorter - I'll message the seller and keep an eye on it - cheers! That little Explosif on the 'bay looks lovely - must resist (at least until my bank balance recovers :LOL: ).

Very nice job done - Lynne (see no thread contamination here!)

I've found something suitable for your bike in the cave so look out for a little parcel of karma.

Hope you're as one with a spray can ;)

And :cool:

Ah shoot! Looks like once again I'm gonna have to concede defeat - how the heck I used to rag a flat-barred 16"er around the woods BITD I have no idea. Part of me wants to throw more cash at it and fit big flat pedals, risers and a super-short stem but I know deep down that would be sacrilage and the frame would still essentially be too big for me :cry:

It's been a super-enjoyable build, scratched my retro-ride itch and looks a million dollars but I think it's time once again to move on to something more chuckable (unless anyone has a 14"er they'd like to swap) :roll: .

:(

but fair enough if it don't suit it don't suit...

(will you still use the LX bits on the next beasty?)

Back