spotting a fake Zaskar

LangersGT

Dirt Disciple
Hi maybe a daft question but how do i tell the difference a real GT Zaskar and a fake, whats to stop someone just putting the stickers and decals on and advertising in as a Zaskar??? seen this a couple of times now where people have dressed up other GT bikes and put decals on

any help and advise or a guide would be brillant

many thanks

Langers ;)

No worries.

Basically:

* Flat top tube cap, behind the seatpost (although the 1991 panthera also has this)
* Will be 6061 aluminium, stamped into the inside of the dropouts, most other GTs are 7005.
* Will have a serial number stamped on dropouts, usually deciphered as size, month and year.

Failing all that, if you see one and you aren't sure, just ask on here.

ah mate i really appricate that thanks you :D right what are drop outs :roll: ?? lol sorry are they where you push the rear wheel into?? are these numbers visable ie 6061 even if the bike is painted? the only reason i ask this question is my mate lent me his Zaskar LE on friday to ride to work and i looked all over it and couldnt find a stamp on the frame anywhere. i just sooooooo worried about handing over my hard earned cash later to find ive not brought a zaskar :( also whats a Xizang?? they look similar and a beatiful bike too??

again many many thanks for all your help
cheers

Langers

The dropouts are where the wheel goes. Usually, stampings show thru the paint.

Xizang is Chinese for Tibet, google tells me...

J

Right this is my mate Zaskar le lovely bike but couldnt find a stamp on the frame no engraving just the sticker!!! and thats another thing....... all the sticker and decals differ :facepalm: :cry:

Back