I need sugestions

WD Pro":1fz0fe3c said:
I understood that Marins got longer in the TT on the models above the palisades but I would be interested to know for sure :D

I have a 17.5" c to c bear valley - I will messure the TT so we can compare :D

WD :D
They tended to have the details in the catalogues, so just check in there.

bm0p700f":2i8tclsh said:
My Orange Evo2 19" has an effective top tube of 23" and that feel perfect with a 120mm stem. So a frame with a similar size is what I am looking for. 20" Kona's could be it. I have found nothing so far on ebay tonight though.
22.2 actual from the catalogue (at least it looks actual), which iirc is the same as my 1992 Alu-O was. Its in my build thread. Of course longer forks raise the front end altering the actual reach to the bars.

No one near you with any of these bikes, if you where up here we have kona, rocky, GT, Marin, spesh, muddy, univega, a-stars, pace, ... All in these sizes to try out.

I had a DB Apex (1992) that was very long - all the early '90s DB's from Apex upwards were pretty long - from memory the models below the Apex were more pedestrian models and were built a little more upright. Excellent all-round bike - I kept mine for 20 years if that is any sort of indication of how good it was!

If anyone fancies pming me with any frames they have for sale with a pic and a rought price it would be welcome. I am putting a wanted add up.

Fullfy Chicken you have somethings for sale or just know of all of those bikes locally to you. As I tend to use my spare time to pedal/train frames need to be posted which is a problem on ebay as no one want to post anything and everything of interest is the wrong size or too far away.

They are just bikes I can test ride locally in that size to see if I like them. Always a nice way to find what's comfy.
None for sale as far as I know, though I could ask.

No one on here near you so you can try a few?

I hardly ever see nice old MTB's in the shop. Most people I know are roadie's and most of them have new stuff.

even the humble DB Topanga was True Temper AVR - these in the splatter or smoke finish are my favourite era. big frames with long top tubes.

I have a big 'ole Star Trek badge era Claud Butler with a dementedly long top tube but its aluminium so probably not what you are looking for.

Smoky DB:

August2008149.jpg

trusty rusty Topanga

diamondback_topanga_747.jpg

I do have a 501 Magnum tubed 21" frame spare if you get bored.

carerra_501_magnum_frame_925.jpg

Back