2011 msc f5 second repair fingers crossed again

Re: new project start

when they designed this frame they didnt think about swing arm clearance for a chain device obviously and thats after spacing off the flange

Attachments

• 20130916_150238.jpg
    20130916_150238.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 639
  • 20130916_150217.jpg
    20130916_150217.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 639

dansim":s98t3xt6 said:
Am not nervous as I trust my welder I don't see the problem cos at the end of the day was it not welded when it was built
Didn't mean any offence, just don't see many repaired alu frames on here. I'm sure your welder has done a great job, it looks tidy and I love the colour, suits it more than the original white.

No offence taken fella I to have never seen repaired frame done successfully if I have seen a repair it looks like a birds crapped all over it

sorry boys this project might be coming to an end as thanks to a local bike shop. I went to put the bb in and picked up a thread and damaged the first 2 3 threads on the drive side so took to a bike shop near my work for them to run a tap down to clean them up only to get it back with ballsed up threads and been told its not his fault so may not even get to ride it and alot coin spent on parts to build it so red rage as not subsided yet the air was blue this afternoon so gonna take it to wheelbase and hope they can do something with it fingers crossed please a little good luck please

taking it to wheelbase to see what if they can do out if not there is an expense way round it for £115 have steel inserts put in which is whether the bank account will allow so all it not lost just might take alittle longer

Fair enough, but might be cheaper to buy one of those bottom brackets and get suitable cranks then shell out £120 for the rethreading of the bottom bracket. Your choice though!

Back