light weight riders

Mark_h4dng

Fat Chance Fan
Feedback
View
Hi guys,

I have just bought my 11 year old son a Specialized hardrock, with an RST fork on it, he only weighs about 5 stone, 155kilos, when we went out the fork wasn't moving, it worked when i rode it. I have taken the spring/elastomer stack out of one leg , and now he gets perfect travel. my question is this, Is the fork ok with only one side sprung?

Mark

Mark_h4dng":14lz6dpu said:
Hi guys,

I have just bought my 11 year old son a Specialized hardrock, with an RST fork on it, he only weighs about 5 stone, 155kilos, when we went out the fork wasn't moving, it worked when i rode it. I have taken the spring/elastomer stack out of one leg , and now he gets perfect travel. my question is this, Is the fork ok with only one side sprung?

Mark

155 kilos :shock: :)

widowmaker":f9qqqe9e said:
Mark_h4dng":f9qqqe9e said:
Hi guys,

Mark

155 kilos :shock: :)

ooops calculation error, 32 kilos

If he only weighs 5 stone, it's unlikely that you'll have any issues. Even though the fork was designed around springs in both legs.
I know a good few of the lighter girls (heavier than 32 kilos tho!) ran forks like this BITD.

Not so much need to now, air forks can be run with almost no pressure if you need to!

Back