Ned: Back to 2009 :D

Attachments

• s3965210045_83e6647462_b.jpg
    s3965210045_83e6647462_b.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 1,081
Re: RetroBike National Series Rd 6: Peak District ~ AFTERMAT

mrkawasaki":34nc7n0i said:
Loving the Kawasaki strip on show
H'mmph you mention the Kawasaki outfit but not the Kawasaki bike!

A good ride, the peaks is the highpoint of my mountainbike year. This one was the first where weather conditions have been less than perfect.
Good to see old faces and some magnificent bikes.
A bit frustrating that a puncture put me out of contention for the radio mast climb and that Edale doesn't seem to have good cafe's, plain pasta with a teaspoon of pesto is not the lunch of champions- especially at £4! Good job it eaten all the blackberries on Bradwell Edge.
Spencer's beer afterwoulds made up for it though.
Good that no one went home empty handed: SLM Racing got some wounds (I expect they're bruises now!), LGF got a pebble called Colin, BadBaz77 got a Raleigh Mustang, whilst I got enough bits to finish my Ribble build and a free tyre from ElPedro who put it round my neck [In the Winnie Mandela manner but without the matches].
Only another year to go before the next one!

Really enjoyed the day apart from the riding bit, for some reason I had an off day on the bike. Struggled going up the hills and struggled to stay upright coming down them, need to address these issues if I'm coming back next year (electric bike and stabilisers?).

Thanks as always to the organisers and the rest of you lot for being good company.

@John, can't help with the multitool part but as for the extra tyre, I think you may have been a victim of fly-tipping!

weeman_mtb":11ws7q1j said:
Really enjoyed the day apart from the riding bit, for some reason I had an off day on the bike. Struggled going up the hills and struggled to stay upright coming down them, need to address these issues if I'm coming back next year (electric bike and stabilisers?).

Thanks as always to the organisers and the rest of you lot for being good company.

@John, can't help with the multitool part but as for the extra tyre, I think you may have been a victim of fly-tipping!

you didnt get your middle ring oily did you chris?...... :shock:

feetabix":3eo6osax said:
you didnt get your middle ring oily did you chris?...... :shock:
The chain wasn't on it long enough to get it oily mate, granny all the way and even that had way too many teeth!

Really enjoyed this one as usual good to see everyone, and nice to see new faces too, here are a few pics I managed to take during the day.........

Post clean bike

pre clean bike

As others have said, many thanks to organisers/gate holder openers/retrobikers who turn up and make these events what they are.

Sadly I was one of the "post lunch splitters", no mechanicals, no job to get back for, just a sad combination of no power in the legs and not enough riding off-road - I seem to have forgotten how to ride properly, hence walking most of the mud slide down to Bradwell, and what must be the most daft "off" I've ever had shortly after the climb out of Bradwell.

We will be better come FoD.

A couple of pics from Saturday:

The Cro' quietly plotting ways to throw me like a rodeo bull!!
null_zps2ee81e46.jpg

Post radio mast climb.
null_zpsc71aea40.jpg

Giant Tetris! ( courtesy of TedC )
null_zps56515eca.jpg

My revenge in the car park! ( this is one of the reasons I scuppered post-pub)
null_zps00a86a7b.jpg

Also thanks to minininjarob for hanging back while I had what felt like a minor coronary! Slmracing for patching my tyre and telling me about sidecar crashes,seconds before going over the bars, TedC for giving me some change for parking and also,thanks to (I think) bhil22 for selling me that ssuuuuweeeet m2 frame!
See you at 'the Dean :D
Rich.

Back