MacRetroClan Gathering Aftermath....

The Ken

MacRetro Rider
Feedback
View
What a day thanks to Velo for organising this. Glad to see I wasn't the only retro biker up here that actually rides retrobikes, ain't that right Kaiser :LOL:

Here's my review or the day :

Coffee and Huge flapjack, Start cycling, uphill, rest, more cycling uphill, rest, thinking the 3kgs of tools ion the back back was probably a bad idea, more cycling uphill, rest, more cycling uphill, rest, cry a little, more cycling uphill, rest, then Whhhhheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! all the way home.

Great to meet you guys and showing me what was my favourite downhill session in a long time.

Sorry about the lack of photos but I was too busy either crying [uphill] or smiling [downhill] to take many. here's what I have:
Group shot left to right:
Davedownhill;
Clockworkgaz;
Stew Burgess;
Kaiser;
Velomaniac;
The Ken and his cleverly carried spare tyre. :shock:
My mate bill on the camera puzzled by our need for old rattley things.

The other picture is Velo and his amazing Scooter based bike carrier.

Attachments

• macretro.jpg
    macretro.jpg
    136.1 KB · Views: 2,958
  • Velomaniac.jpg
    Velomaniac.jpg
    156.9 KB · Views: 2,958
hehe

Cracking day out and my sincerest apologies to the guy who crashed in front of me... Didn't realise an old Hardrock could still go so quickly

Next time Ken, next time :LOL:

And Dave you should know better than to harass kids on Jump bikes with a Hardrock. I think it was the crunching of the gears that struck the fear into them. :LOL:

And another big thanks to velo for organising this, you should have seen the folks falling over themselves to get a look as he left the car park.

A HUGE thanks to everyone who showed up,

What a day, what a ride, what great company, best bicycle fun in a loooonnnngggg time !!!!!!!

Dave caused two crashes with his pile up behind people antics, I was the other one, nice bit of gravel rash for my troubles but no real harm done.

He has just informed me his new mission in life is to get an old nail of a bike from yesteryear and chase down folk on modern bikes at Glentress and the like, then once he's past them hand them a business card stating that they've just been overtaken by the 'Really Sh** Bike Club'. The man is mad but boy can he ride like a BITD Pro !

Looking forward to MacRetro 2, possibly on an old XC circuit in the Sidlaw hills behind Dundee that 'The Ken' plans to reconoiter. September maybe, need to get fitter, much fitter.............

One last thing, I cannot recommend too highly some kind of flex stem when riding a trail centre. They've all been built with suspension bikes in mind and rigid though great to ride, will do you in without some kind of shock absorbtion for your wrists.

Keep pedalling and keep smiling :D :D :D

Pickle":29c3stry said:
Who's who in the pic?

Group shot left to right:
Davedownhill;
Clockworkgaz;
Stew Burgess;
Kaiser;
Velomaniac;
The Ken and his cleverly carried spare tyre. :shock:
My mate bill on the camera puzzled by our need for old rattley things

Another shot after the first climb, this time Bill in the middle and me on the camera. Bill promises to bring his old bike next time - a 10 year old Marin Full sus :? ...well it's almost retro.

Attachments

• macretro2.jpg
    macretro2.jpg
    120 KB · Views: 2,887
Only one front suser :D Now I know what 'kaiser' looks like :D You had good weather too

Back