Cover Versions - RB Input required

animal was the lead singer in the anti nowhere league.. Famous for their rather offensive single 'so what', not truly a punk band more of a middle class exercise in jumping on the bandwagon (now with extra swearing).
The original postpunk cover band were SNUFF, with the infamous 'alone now '
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-FuH6eGo0e0, they also did a branflakes cover, in sickness and in health cover and my favourite the shake and vac cover....................
however if your not yet in the know, Nouvelle vague are hands down the best punk covers revival band ever...

TGR":3jgfa75g said:
Morning all,

With some notable exceptions, there seems to be a preponderance of punk covers - has anyone any ideas if any punk songs were covered 'the other way'? Apart from the 'lounge singer' (Richard Cheese?) who covered a lot.

Richard

Nouvelle Vague have done a few covers of punk and new wave songs in their own way.

John":1oeo7yuj said:
Some good one already, top idea for a thread.

Absolutely. The Wedding Present delivered some absolute corkers on their The Hit Parade collection - personal favourites are The Monkees' Pleasant Valley Sunday and an excellent re-working of The Theme From Shaft.

David

I've never been a fan of the 70s/80s British punk but some of the Americans bands were listenable.
As for covers, Metallica's Garage Inc has to be my favourite covers album and includes a few punk songs too (track listing is here.)

As for Tainted Love, I prefer the My Ruin cover.

Back