Klein MC1 Single Speed

TheRedMantra

Dirt Disciple
I've been wanting one of these forever. Finally found one for cheap so I snagged it. It just got here a little over a week ago so I don't have all the parts for it yet. It still needs some new brakes, levers, wheelset, seatpost, seat, and pedals. I'll be using some vintage parts but its going to be a mostly modern build. I'm shooting for <18lbs and I plan to ride this bike often. Here is the setup as of some minor tweaking last night. It sits at about 22lbs in its current form. Hope you enjoy, Ill post pics again when its in its final form.

Attachments

• 000_0037.jpg
    000_0037.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 936
That's going to be lovely. Sure it's that heavy though? Even my Chameleon SS with 2.75lb steel forks, 2.4 tyres and old model XT disc brake comes in at under 23 lbs.

Seatpost is 360g, seat is 350g. I just ordered a new seat and post that combined weigh <330g so Ill save a bit there. I'll save another 100g+ from the brakes and levers. The wheels are anchors so Ill save maybe 5-800g+ there. Another good bit to be saved by new tires as well. Lighter pedals save 200g+, lighter housing and lighter cranks, chain, and chainring plus alloy and ti bolts throughout should bring me down quite a bit.

Beautiful, what size frame is that?

Certainly for me the most desirable Klein :D

Rich

nice pick up. i was just a tad too late and not local enough...
it's a medium (20") and a very early 1990 one as indicated by the Klein logo on the upper head set cover and the location of the Klein logos on the fork legs. as always with these old frames, run a looooong seat post!

carsten

Latest posts

Back