What was your first mobile phone?

my first mobile was an old motorola brick I inherited from my dad. in fact it was this one. I actually still have it, no longer works because the battery has 'expired' but if I could find another battery for it Id love to get it working again. bring back the retro :p

Attachments

• moto.jpg
    moto.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 1,196
xerxes":2dkcj8he said:
My first couple of phones were ericsson:

I had one of these for a while:
Ericsson_GA_628.jpg

Then I had one of these, which I really liked until I dropped it in the loo, I tried drying it out, but it was a gonner:
BD586C7473EEDF4099FBE2E33FD0A4.jpg

Hey, ditto!

I'd forgotten about my T28, and I loved that phone! :cool:

The Motorola flip-phones with the extendable antennas were/are the best for low levels of radiation when held next to your skull (can't remember the terminology??)...

...I had to Google it :oops:

SAR levels; here is the bang up to date chart...

http://reviews.cnet.com/2719-6602_7-291-3.html

Mike Muz 67":3kyepkp2 said:
My first one was very similar to the one on the right in this photo .

Was a novelty being able to text people , novelty didn't last long though . Just became annoying sending/receiving messages all the time and getting used to text language . And it still is to this day ! :evil:
Mike :cool:

I still have one of those! :LOL:

Attachments

• cellnet.jpg
    cellnet.jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 1,192
The History Man":39e8veoy said:
The History Man":39e8veoy said:
Mmmmmmmm Sexy, so cutting edge!

one of those then this. even cooler!

That was my first phone. It came with a smaller stubby antenna which I used most of the time that gave a slightly worse reception. Lasted a heady 9 hours on standby and had 9 number programmable memory! Didn't really use it as it was on an arse rapingly expensive vodafone contract.

Carl.

MarinMartin":1lx7ehcw said:
my first mobile was an old motorola brick I inherited from my dad. in fact it was this one. I actually still have it, no longer works because the battery has 'expired' but if I could find another battery for it Id love to get it working again. bring back the retro :p

Fine first mobile, had one of these (or a very similar motorola) back in the day. One of my parents still has the number it came with.

Second was the Ericsson t28

ericssonlogo02.jpg

Many a happy hour was spent playing solitaire at work on this.

Fave old one I had was a nokia 8810 or 8850. Was't even mine, lent it off a friend for a few months after my own broke mid contract.

8850.jpg

16413480_3968729.jpg

Christ it was terrible. Used to get static electric shocks off the aerial as you were using it........

yagamuffin":1x6qndp8 said:
The T28 was the best phone at the time, I loved mine.
John, is that Nokia the 'Matrix' phone?

Flip FTW, did seem super high tech for 2000!

Google says it wasn't the matrix phone sadly. The one I had was a dressed up 8210, the matrix one looked more curved >

236784-the-matrix-1999.jpg

Back