What winter gloves do you use ??

widowmaker

Gold Trader
Roberts Fan
Feedback
View
Hi all :)

Been out on the bike over the last few weeks and whilst its not winter yet its getting a bit nippy :(

I am not about to be beaten by the impending cold weather and will continue to ride all year round :)
So in preparation I am interested in peoples opinions on winter gloves, looking for full length (obviously :p ), without inners, and ones that look ok for both roadbiking and mountainbiking. I have looked in the big online companies but want real advice :)

Last couple of winters I have worn a pair of Sealskins. They're fluo yellow and waterproof - even though they look as if they're knitted. When it's not to bad I have a pair of Altura ones in a lighter weight.

Don't forget to get ones with a 'snot-wiping-patch' on the thumb area.

It's not cold enough for gloves yet - is it?

I am ok with fingerless ones at the moment, just getting prepared for the coming chilly mornings, most of my rides are in the early morning 6 - 8 am and I don't want to let cold hands spoil the fun :p

And I am quite fussy about my equipment so spend ages deciding what to buy, it took me nearly a month to decide which cycling glasses to buy :oops:

Chute55uk":24hn4nmr said:
I just bought these http://www.planet-x-bikes.co.uk/i/q/CLP ... ing_gloves
they seem ok albeit a little tight, Im a large normally and these are a large so i would prob get xl but at a fiver a pair who cares right?
seem warm enough deceptively thin but my mate who rode with them last winter said they were up to the job.

At £5 I shall give them a try, I like the fact that they are discrete without huge branding on.

Thanks for the link chap :cool:

I'm another Sealskins user; they have a wide range including some which I tried and were just too warm.

As for gloves, I'm still in fingerless road gloves and short sleeved jerseys, winter must have come early to Dorset. :shock:

NeilM":gm6a5xmo said:
I'm another Sealskins user; they have a wide range including some which I tried and were just too warm.

As for gloves, I'm still in fingerless road gloves and short sleeved jerseys, winter must have come early to Dorset. :shock:

I never said that winter was here, I am just getting prepared :p

I too am in fingerless gloves and short sleeved jerseys, I even have my zip half way down :)

Last winter my furnace innards meant I never got on with anything any heavier than just light single layer inner gloves. But I've bought some of these light Sealskinz (£10 off in Evans) to see if I can get on with them this winter. So far I'm very pleased with them - but have yet to wear them on the bike...
http://www.sealskinz.com/UK/kj441-all-w ... black.html

widowmaker":otwh6kgn said:
And I am quite fussy about my equipment so spend ages deciding what to buy, it took me nearly a month to decide which cycling glasses to buy :oops:

I always wear eye protection on the bike but my vain streak is in constant conflict with my tight streak. The one thing about which they concur is that these, from Bolle, are excellent. (And lightly tinted, despite what the blurb says.)
http://www.screwfix.com/p/bolle-contour ... pecs/95382

Back