What was your first mobile phone?

Ericsson GF768 in yellow.
Loved it to bits. Everyone else had boring black Nokias/Sonys.
And this was before the days of removable covers.

Replaced with another Eric T28 (see above). Totally cool phone at the time, one of the first with Bluetooth and of all the phones since the only one with decent voice-dialling !

ERICSSON-GF768-CEP-TELEFONU-UCRETSIZ-KARGO__86154135_1.jpg

Just been searching for my first work phone. One of these. Had it wired into the car as well as a battery as it was crap!

Attachments

• bagphone-137.jpg
    bagphone-137.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 704
Mine was a nokia 5110 or an NK402 as orange used to call them, still got it upstairs witha yellow xpress'on cover on it, somewhere lol

My first one was very similar to the one on the right in this photo .

Was a novelty being able to text people , novelty didn't last long though . Just became annoying sending/receiving messages all the time and getting used to text language . And it still is to this day ! :evil:
Mike :cool:

Attachments

• Philfone.jpg
    Philfone.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 694
Mike Muz 67":n90td0q5 said:
Was a novelty being able to text people , novelty didn't last long though . Just became annoying sending/receiving messages all the time and getting used to text language . And it still is to this day ! :evil:
Mike :cool:

Remember the days of sending/receiving texts with one line display on the phone !
.. and you tell that to kids these day...

MADJEZ":2tgfil8d said:
Remember the days of sending/receiving texts with one line display on the phone !
.. and you tell that to kids these day...

It made swapping filthy messages with a lady somewhat trying.

Early 90s I had a Mercury 121. They only worked within the M25 and then expanded to work in Birmingham but nowhere in between.

Mark.

Back