The wife, the bat and the kitchen - ANOTHER ONE!!

gtRTSdh":3u2jooov said:
love them, have had a couple in our house, got some great photo's of backlit flying. did you find that 2" stag beetle in the uk?

Any chance of seeing some photos?

Just starting to put the room back together after disassembling it last night! Also had a word with our cats :LOL: Web research reveals, as expected, lots of contrasting ideas regarding bat box design and siting. We have a south-ish facing house-wall which is reasonably sheltered so we are going to pop something up there. Not decided yet whether to go for home-made or bought.

Along the back of our garden runs a small alleyway with streetlights dotted along every 40m or so. Every summer evening bats can be briefly seen flashing past, hoovering up insects attracted to the lights.

Just don't allow yourself to be known as the 'batty man'. As wiv fit an phat, new meaning innit bruv.

My pupils keep me somewhat abreast of the latest colloquialisms. ;)

gtRTSdh":o35eao0o said:
love them, have had a couple in our house, got some great photo's of backlit flying. did you find that 2" stag beetle in the uk?

Yep. Stag beetles are doing well here near the new forest. Here's one from a few years ago on my hand:
MaleStagBeetle25062012.jpg

Love em.

grumpycommuter":39zu4w46 said:
gtRTSdh":39zu4w46 said:

Any chance of seeing some photos?

Just starting to put the room back together after disassembling it last night! Also had a word with our cats :LOL: Web research reveals, as expected, lots of contrasting ideas regarding bat box design and siting. We have a south-ish facing house-wall which is reasonably sheltered so we are going to pop something up there. Not decided yet whether to go for home-made or bought.

Along the back of our garden runs a small alleyway with streetlights dotted along every 40m or so. Every summer evening bats can be briefly seen flashing past, hoovering up insects attracted to the lights.

Sorry for the delay, my second daughter was born this morning. I've included more than the spectacular photo's as I think they are of interest.

y2yh.jpg

v85c.jpg

w2q2.jpg

847.JPG

qan9.jpg

g2fo.jpg

zeg.JPG

qyim.jpg

zhzx.jpg

My_Teenage_Self":isp6d5yz said:
gtRTSdh":isp6d5yz said:

Yep. Stag beetles are doing well here near the new forest. Here's one from a few years ago on my hand:
MaleStagBeetle25062012.jpg

Love em.

I want one. Would it hurt if it grabbed you with it's pincers??

gtRTSdh":2iifm9xj said:
Sorry for the delay, my second daughter was born this morning. I've included more than the spectacular photo's as I think they are of interest.

Congratulations, three women in your house will be fun! Hope they are all ok.

Fantastic pictures, love the one that is slightly backlit.

No bats here tonight i'm afraid...i'm at a loose end.

Back