Cadex CFM3s

Scattamah

Retro Newbie
G'day RB'ers,

Newcomer to these parts...hopefully this is the right thread (mods - move it if need be).

Thought I'd show the ol' grrls off...nothing like a little bike pr0n on a Sunday evening.

2 x Cadex CFM3...one fully rebuilt with (then) modern parts in 2007, one upgraded this year to some newer parts.

My ride is the larger of the 2 frames. Purchased with Ritchey Vantage Comp wheels on Suntour hubs, original headset/stem, RS Mag 21's, Suntour XC Pro drive train. Stripped and rebuilt with XT group except for wheels - Mavic 217 SUP on LX hubs. Thomson stem/post, Hope headset, Fizik Aliante saddle. Easton Monkey Lite XC bars. RS SID Team forks. Finished off with Egg Beaters. Cost a few pennies but rides like a dream.

The smaller frame (the one the wife rides on) still has original bars, stem, forks, post. Possibly original wheels - Araya RX7 on Exage hubs. Cheaper updates have made it ride well again. Original headset was changed out a couple of weeks back due to worn races. At same time, switched out the canti's for V's and now stops in short order. Old STI's switched for Alivio levers and shifters which, in a strange twist, work better than the ancient STI's removed. Original Exage drive train swapped out for new 2012 LX up front, kept the original front shifter after soaking it in oil and dropped my old XT rear deraileur on the back. TLD Sella Italia found on the road a month back as the saddle. CB Candy's to finish off (lifted from wife's Greenspeed which is currently packed away). Ride is solid with plenty of poke.

Enjoy, and ride on,

S :)

PS/Edit - does anyone know the year on these frames? 1993 the top tube decals are further back. 1994 the "Cadex" decals are slightly different. I've seen a number of these about, but there's rarely any info on them. Cheers!

Attachments

• his_cadex_cfm3_rebuilt.jpg
    his_cadex_cfm3_rebuilt.jpg
    152.3 KB · Views: 332
  • his_cadex_cfm3_frontEnd.jpg
    his_cadex_cfm3_frontEnd.jpg
    134.8 KB · Views: 332
  • hers_cadex_cfm3_partRebuilt.jpg
    hers_cadex_cfm3_partRebuilt.jpg
    148.6 KB · Views: 332
Back