What was your first mobile phone?

Got mine free with a Barclay card - Philips diga aka PH301 i think, the sim card was credit card size.

My first phone was a Motorola, I think they were called a partner. It was fitted to a company car and was huge. There was a 'mobile' version which was about the same size as a brief case. :mrgreen:

As far as outside of work... I don't really do phones as I live on the things all day every day for work, so I just have an old Nokia something or another that was a cast off from my son.

Vodafone/Maxon MN1, I think it was a blue one. I paid £15 for it. The tariff was something odd, I think it was £10 of a £15 top up went to line rental, which lasted two months, and you could do smaller top ups for airtime only. Calls were quite cheap within the network and to landlines but very expensive outside the network.

libertel.jpg

kermitgreenkona88":3u1iazou said:
Mine was a Sagem MC920 in a cool green/grey colour best picture I can find is this silver one ;)
Think this was mine too. Only phone I ever lost.

^^^^ the Voda Maxon WAS my first phone then I got lucky and blagged a 8210 which is what I'm back on now :cool:

My first couple of phones were ericsson:

I had one of these for a while:
Ericsson_GA_628.jpg

Then I had one of these, which I really liked until I dropped it in the loo, I tried drying it out, but it was a gonner:
BD586C7473EEDF4099FBE2E33FD0A4.jpg

Some Phillips thing that had the brilliant feature that if you ran out of battery life you could pop 3 AA batteries into it in place of the rechargeable battery pack.

Mmmmmmmm Sexy, so cutting edge!

Attachments

• Motorola Flip Phone 2 (2).JPG
    Motorola Flip Phone 2 (2).JPG
    29.7 KB · Views: 691
5210 Nokia then Sony for the last 13 years. Was very impressed with my z7 when it knew I was in Cambridge and could find me a cab number.

The History Man":cc5w9ikh said:
Mmmmmmmm Sexy, so cutting edge!

That's the jasper, sure one like that was the first work mobile I had.

I always thought the aerial was a bit whimsical, really.

Back