1990 Marin Eldridge 20.5" c-t £150

Grumpy farmer

Dirt Disciple
Finally for sale after much deliberation.
I am the second owner having bought it from the original owner in 2008. It has not been ridden more than 100miles from new as a result there is still some of the anodising on the braking surfaces. The bike is original apart from grips and tyres which had perished, (true grips and some good used ground controls now), the saddle which got nibbled by a mouse (now a not very period wtb rocket V). I have replaced the seatpost, which my dearly beloved managed to scratch the full length of when she put the saddle down without releasing the qr properly, it now has a tidy but gold coloured Sakae TCO in the correct diameter.
The zolatone is completely unmarked, there is the odd nick in the original decals, the odd nick in the orange but it is completely unfaded.
All components work perfectly.
I am not one for haggling so £150 is my best price and is for collection only, we are 10mins from Gisburn Forest.

Pictures should be in my signature below as my camera is bust after a fight with some water. It has not been ridden since those photos.

Soon to be listed for sale are a 1991 Spesh Rockhopper comp 20" (£70) and a 1992 GT Karakorum in tequila sunrise 18" (£80).

Re: 1990 Marin Eldridge 20.5" c-t

Have a free bump on me for such a nice looking bike...and at that price It won't be around long a bargain!

Doug

Thanks Doug, it needs riding but I just cannot bring myself to damage it with zolatone paint being so difficult to replicate. My scabby rockhopper and Karakoram are more my thing.

Grumpy farmer":1y5fjgfo said:
Thanks Doug, it needs riding but I just cannot bring myself to damage it with zolatone paint being so difficult to replicate. My scabby rockhopper and Karakoram are more my thing.

Well you know I was interested when you first showed this beauty...I ended up with one of my own in similar condition but that I sold a few weeks back for the same reasons as you. I just wasn't using it as much as my Team, and it needed a new home. Good luck with the sale...

bm0p700f":372zdd3b said:
If only you would post it.

Yes, I know sorry. We live a mile down a track and couriers either cannot find us, or fall off the track and get stuck. We are nowhere near any courier depots either. I work outdoors so cannot have it collected from work. I'm limiting my customer base but I'll have to stick with collection only, or I may deliver locally.

Sorry Jon there's absolutely no offers at this price. The only 2 comparable Eldridges at this age that I know of have recently sold for £200 and £260. I won't sell for less than £185, if it doesn't sell in the next few week I will just hang onto it.

Back