Muddy Fox Newbie - Finally Finished Fiddling with thanks.

Re: Muddy Fox Newbie - Finally Finished Fiddling with thank

like this thread, brings back the memories of the 90,s, anyway....
get a hiterite for the seat post, will return it to the original position when you undo the qr. think early days dropper post. (google breeze and angel hite rite)

Had a few issues with jumping gear on compression. Solved by running continuous outer from stop in front of crank to rear mech :D not pretty but tried everything else and this worked. Made it a lovely thing to ride again.

Ever wondered about a different shock? I switched to a Fox RP23 and its a lot smoother! I now have lockout too, not that its really needed.

Have wondered, but price is prohibitive uses the one fails. What length did you fit? Been wondering if I could squeeze a 165mm in.

The History Man":374rc2lu said:
Have wondered, but price is prohibitive uses the one fails. What length did you fit? Been wondering if I could squeeze a 165mm in.

Managed to find a 152mm RP23 on US ebay, brand new. Was about a year ago. Gave the back end better response to small bumps.

This is basically what I bought....
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FOX-FLOAT-RP2 ... 20d8043d3c

Thought I might need the various settings of propedal to keep pedal bob away, but it just doesn't seem to be needed.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have you got a thread or pic of yours?

The History Man":mxyibd1z said:
Have you got a thread or pic of yours?

This is the only one I have at the moment, its evolved a fair bit, this was nearly just after I had bought it for £63 on ebay.

It now has Pace RC40s, Hope Mono 6pot/Mono 4pot brakes, Chris King wheels. Not sure where the LX gears come from, needs some XTR really!

Is it later then what with the discs etc? Nice.

As far as I know its a 97, but trying to get info on these seems difficult. The bike came with magura Julie discs, they were horrid, couldn't get them to work properly, so swapped them for big Hopes, the power is endless and they look awesome. I used to have the 97' MF brochure, but sadly chucked it out years ago! :facepalm: I always wanted a high spec MF full sus, remembering when they were new. This one was far from original when I bought it and not mint either, but for £63 it was a bargain and rides so much better than I ever thought it would. It originally came with a Alps 5r shock.

Back