Who uses the mobile template?

Been out and about today and I remained logged on despite switching networks. If you chose remember password and don't browse the site incognito you will remain logged on and your preference for mobile or desktop will be remembered on a per device basis.

Good point regards links on mobile template.

Happens on both my devices, it used to store them but neither 'Android Browser' nor 'Opera Mobile' store them for very long any more :(.
Given there is not a lot else on the phone than that and Strava who knows.
The Nexus plays better but still looses the logon, though it is easier on that.
Still nice large permanent boxes and button at the top on the not log in skin would help. I know when I used VBB3 bitd we used to have that feature (not for mobile or made large, just to make it easy and obvious)
This site has it at the bottom on both normal and mobile template
http://forum.myblogsite.nl/phpBB3/

Even better would be to integrate (if possible with phpBB I don't know) the common login-with option of Google, Facebook, Twitter. For Android users Google-login would be a one push login normally.
hmmm off to look.....
This sort of thing http://docs.oneall.com/plugins/guide/so ... gin-phpbb/
no looked at price just found the site

I dont visit the site half as much now because of it. Id much prefer the mobile site as default on my 4.7" screen, yes its got a high res screen but its still quite small.

Also, the full site isnt holding cookies for me any more.. its a pain in the bum gettin logged in and switched to mobile site once in.

EDIT: Ive solved the problem for myself.. i had a cleaning app which was causing the problem.. fixed!

I feel so daft now :)

We have a large quick login box at the bottom of the forum already.

Sounds like both users above have issues with cookies. Hard to troubleshoot without more data given I cannot recreate them here. Suggest you both try clearing cookies, check the remember password box, another browser, restart your devices etc. Also must point out if you use any sort of incognito mode or software which clear cookies on a per session basis then this will be the source of your issues.

android browser and opera under gingerbread
chrome on nexus 7 jellybean 4.3.something
windows 8.0 chrome
windows 8.1 chrome
all have he cookie issue. no blockers.

ticking doesn't, help much.
it eventually looses it.

Back