Rossin Pursuit Build

Lovely lovely bike!!!
Yes, great care and thought is needed in this restoration, can easily go pear shaped.

rOeLez":nb6kna1n said:
lovely ;)

so have you found a correct handlebar ?
206166_4077804701263_217300519_n.jpg

here's my finished rossin , so i wonder how many of this bikes left these day ?

That's one amazing build Campag Electra saddle very cool and rare I have a green one. The Campag front disk I'd love in my collection

That's a lovely frame,looks like the Russian team pursuit bikes from the eighties. Best of luck with the build,it's going to be interesting. I'd avoid powder coat and try to get it resprayed by a good frame builder like Mercian who can supply the decals.

bugloss":6oh8wxzw said:
Be careful with powder coat as the decals may not stick to it.

Very good point, the Mavic decals I used recently on my Vitus came with a warning that they wouldn't stick well to powder coated finishes

Very special just read the whole thread. Take care with this, at least there aren't as many parts to source for a track bike, it would be great to see the spec you are aiming for so we can keep an eye out for you. those Campag holed front discs are something else. I have a Pair of Mavic 3 G's that I use for road and track but those Campag ones are something else! I use a rear like the one above, very noisy! Keep up the good work

Spear45":138hnvh1 said:
That's a lovely frame,looks like the Russian team pursuit bikes from the eighties. Best of luck with the build,it's going to be interesting. I'd avoid powder coat and try to get it resprayed by a good frame builder like Mercian who can supply the decals.

I'd use Bob Jackson or Argos with regards to paint spraying, Mercian paint is very fragile & chips easily.

Nob":3g2zzrfy said:
Spear45":3g2zzrfy said:

I'd use Bob Jackson or Argos with regards to paint spraying, Mercian paint is very fragile & chips easily.

Utter rubbish, i have a rocky mountain sprayed by them, not a mark on it 2 years later

Hello all,

I've been pretty quiet on the build front lately with a trip to Cornwall. However I have a package waiting for me when I get back home though. I have sourced original and correct 3ttt Moscow bars like the ones seen in many photos of the Rossin!

I will take lots of photos when I open the package and post them on here asap! Very excited!!!

I have been advised by many people about gettin the bike painted by Mercian. They say they do the same pearlescent finish as the original paintwork so I'm very interested in that. I didn't know that they provided decals though. I will have to ask as I don't think they're keen to use other peoples decals with their process.

Many thanks for everyone's advice so far. Stay tuned for handlebar photos!

Cheers,
Matt

Matt,

Get the pics up!!!!

Re decals - if Mercian don't have suitable ones - contact Geoff Softly in Australia - http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Cyclomondo?_rdc=1

he will get you sorted very easily. Don't forget to consider getting the autograph made up!!!

Pics, pics, WE WANT PICS!!!

Richard

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Back