Pace RC200 F2 build

Rich":3jew0oiw said:
Have you sent a PM to Justbackdated, he may be able to sort you out with a steerer/service for your forks :)

Just sent one now. Fingers crossed. :)

Cheers.

Well the build will be nearly finished this weekend, just struggling to find a front mech to fit the braze on :? :?

Am I correct in saying it will need t be a road style front mech and if so how does this work with a triple on the front.

Was hoping to find an XT or XTR but seems that they don't exist.??

welly":nts0r4cv said:
Well the build will be nearly finished this weekend, just struggling to find a front mech to fit the braze on :? :?

Am I correct in saying it will need t be a road style front mech and if so how does this work with a triple on the front.

Was hoping to find an XT or XTR but seems that they don't exist.??

Mine came with a Mavic Front mech fitted and its still going strong 19yrs later, never had any trouble with using it with a triple chainring set up.

Pace obviously weren't concerned,

looking forward to seeing a few pictures

Nearly there, just need mr postman to bring me some cables tomorrow and it will be rideable :D

Will just have to kick the chain across until I find a solution to the front mech issue.
Will spend tomorrow cleaning the old chain and cassette then we are about there. I know it's a bit of a mismatch but I'm all about the ride first then upgrades and looks second. Not sure who is more exited, me or my 6 year old son, told him we will go to dalby forest if I get it built up. He was even took to the steerer with a file to help speed things up. Bless.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    121.1 KB · Views: 324
Just a thought but have you posted in the road bike Wanted section for that front mech

probably your best bet or put the feelers out in their chat forum

Coming together nicely, looking forward to hearing about the ride mate :)

Absolutely gutted.... Managed to get the bike built up this week and headed out with my lad for a ride and as much as I try to convince myself the bike fits me it just doesn't :( Even with a 400mm post to the max and a reasonable stem with riser bars on it is just too cramped! :(

Not sure if my longing lust for a pace frame has blurred my vision a little but an 18 inch pace frame is just too small, looks like I will be using it for steady rides with my young un but can't see me tackling anything serious with it. Think I will be looking for a larger fame in the for sale section :roll:

Sorry to hear that Welly, Jerky has a 21 inch RC100 he may be willing to part with if you ask him nicely?

Rich

Back