The wife, the bat and the kitchen - ANOTHER ONE!!

Re: The wife, the bat and the kitchen

Bats aren't anywhere near as scary if you flip the picture ;)

22FA2649A51A39AEEFD6337A7C357_h316_w628_m5_cEwRxHTqQ.jpg

ooh.. the fb pic!
we found a bat on the floor at work last year....pretending to be dead! made us jump when it decided to fly!!

I thought I was going to find a thread about domestic violence. :LOL:

This is much nicer. Good job it wasn't one of these!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 298

When I was little my Nana was staying round our house and my parents were alerted by similar screams in the middle of the night. Somehow a bat had flown in through an open window and lodged itself in my Nana's hair!

Cute little chaps, got to love them!

Cheers for all the replies....

Another one tonight :facepalm:

It's bat-tastic. I have a sneaky feeling that our cats may have something to do with it. One was sniffing around tonight and looking very sheepish. A quick tinternet research says that cats nab them when they are roosting in trees. It could mean that we have them in trees in our garden so we will be making and putting up a bat box tomorrow.

This one was on a curtain and looked like a pipistrelle and went and hid under a cupboard. Had to take the whole room apart :facepalm: No piccies, sorry!

God knows what tomorrow will bring.

our back garden is full!!! we have a bridleway running past our garden, and fields on the other side of that and at dusk...there is hundreds in the sky at once!! love it!!

I got hit square on the head with one cycling home a while back, I was barreling along a cyclepath which is an old railway line and was able to get serious speed up as it was around midnight and nobody was around. I suddenly realised I was going through a load of bats when one thumped into me. I stopped in case it was on the ground hurt but didn't see a thing so hope it was OK.

OP, you could well be right about the cats I reckon....

We spent a fun half-hour trying to catch a bat that was doing incredibly fast loops of the g/f's bedroom last weekend, after we finally ejected it, she figured it must have flown up the stairs, down the hall, and round the dog-legged corridor into the bedroom... I suggested mebbe the cat had brought it in, but apparently the cat wouldn't do such a thing :shock:

Still, they're lovely critters, so any interaction with them can only be good, especially when there's a happy ending :)

love them, have had a couple in our house, got some great photo's of backlit flying. did you find that 2" stag beetle in the uk?

My favourite bat joke...

Three vampire bats live in a cave surrounded by three castles.
One night, the bats bet on who can drink the most blood.

The first bat comes home with blood dripping off his fangs.
He says, “See that castle over there? I drank the blood of three people.”

The second bat returns with blood around his mouth.
He says, “See that castle over there? I drank the blood of five people.”

The third bat comes back covered in blood.
He says, “See that castle over there?” The other bats nod. “Well,” says the third bat, “I didn’t.”

Latest posts

Back