1991 orange clockwork NOW FINISHED 15/11/08

clockwork

Clockwork arrived,stripped down,rebuilt with a few errm red bits,i,m a member weheyyy :LOL: Pics soon

clockworkgazz":15c4nto5 said:
serial number is A891 2462

Looks like it is a 1991- She just aged 2 years overnight :roll:

Cheers Cherry

I've got A891 on mine, i thought mine was a 92 :LOL: , was advertised as a 92 on E-bay when i bought it.

Hi, thought I'd post a pic of the Clockwork I've been building since I obtained the frame a week ago.
Please no rude comments about the pinkish X-lite riser bars! They are all I have spare right now and I want to be able to ride it cos I'm an impatient sort of girl. Note it does have a SharkFin though. :)

The guy I bought the frame from dated it as 1992. The frame number is A3020434 which maybe suggests Feb '03? Integral seat bolt clamp but no bridge across the rear stays. 3 cables routed along the side of the toptube. There's also a little pulley wheel for running a bottom pull front mech from the top.
The paint is original but very chipped. I will consider getting it sprayed one day but for now I like having the original decals and stickers.

As you can see it's tiny - probably called a 15" but in fact is 12.5" C2C and seattube is 14" to the top.

The Mavic rims and xt stuff I've put on dates from the late 90's. Current saddle and tyres are newish but I do have some Ritchey Alpha and Omega-Bite skinwalls that can go on.

Still struggling with headset and front mech adjustment but hope to have it sorted by this evening.
Will probably fit a quill stem when I find a nice short one.

I had a C16R once upon a time and always wanted a Clockwork so couldn't resist when I noticed this small frame up for grabs.

(Sorry about the large image, if someone tells me how to size it I'll repost. Thought [img=814x601] would do it but no such luck)

co2.jpg

cherrybomb":1ggrw73h said:
If the earlier serial nos. are anything like the later ones, then the first three numbers give the date.

ie. 804..... would be April 1998. and 711.... would be November 1997 etc. ;)

Cherrybomb..... Does this serial no identification work for Aluminium "O"'s too?.... or does it only apply to clockworks?

My project build is A1086840
Any help appreciated :D

Cheers,
b"O"b

GrumbleJay: Nice Clockwork. :cool: I'd love to get one of the diddy frames for my lad. Must start looking!

boy"O"boy: As far as I know it isn't model specific. It works on my E4 and Clockwork, so I'd guess your Ally O is from August '91.
I'm not 100% on this, but it certainly is the case for the later frames and the earlier serial numbers seem to follow a similar pattern.

Cheers Cherrybomb :D

I've never checked the serial number on the black "O" so I'm keen to see when that one was built in '91.
I was pretty sure that my other "O" was a late one as it has the 1/2" shorter chainstays, replaceable mech hanger and top routed cable mounts but this puts a whole new spin on things :shock:

boy"O"boy

GrumbleJay":2sb1zjkk said:
Hi, thought I'd post a pic of the Clockwork I've been building since I obtained the frame a week ago.
Please no rude comments about the pinkish X-lite riser bars! They are all I have spare right now and I want to be able to ride it cos I'm an impatient sort of girl. Note it does have a SharkFin though. :)
The guy I bought the frame from dated it as 1992. The frame number is A3020434 which maybe suggests Feb '03? Integral seat bolt clamp but no bridge across the rear stays. 3 cables routed along the side of the toptube. There's also a little pulley wheel for running a bottom pull front mech from the top.
The paint is original but very chipped. I will consider getting it sprayed one day but for now I like having the original decals and stickers.
As you can see it's tiny - probably called a 15" but in fact is 12.5" C2C and seattube is 14" to the top.
The Mavic rims and xt stuff I've put on dates from the late 90's. Current saddle and tyres are newish but I do have some Ritchey Alpha and Omega-Bite skinwalls that can go on.
Still struggling with headset and front mech adjustment but hope to have it sorted by this evening.
Will probably fit a quill stem when I find a nice short one.
I had a C16R once upon a time and always wanted a Clockwork so couldn't resist when I noticed this small frame up for grabs.
(Sorry about the large image, if someone tells me how to size it I'll repost. Thought [img=814x601] would do it but no such luck)
Nice, I think it's maybe size 14, a 15 is bigger than that. What do you think? Built this one for my son, now ridden by somebody else's son. It just seems slightly bigger if you look at the line of the tops of the tyres relative to the top of the seat tube. Or maybe I'm dreaming.

Dunno how the system allowed you to load the pic though! Praps it's one of these gentlemanly systems that are deferential towards ladies. Quite right too of course.

Attachments

• 1992 or so Orange Clockwork.jpg
    1992 or so Orange Clockwork.jpg
    108.3 KB · Views: 1,720
  • 1996 Orange C16R size 15 c.jpg
    1996 Orange C16R size 15 c.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 1,720
Back