The next one

Mr Universe

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Right then you lot, I've got the bug, it's no good trying to deny it , the last few days have been hell for me, as I've had time off work :shock: .

Some would say that's a good thing , but since joining this site, I've already bought another bike, spent hours in the shed and pounds of my hard earned to restore it, got into big trouble with Mrs Universe , as she has not seen me since I bought that 'damm' bike. :roll:

Trouble is I 'Need' another one, how the hell I'm I suppose to justify that one. eh!

You lot keep downloading images of bikes in the forums and its just got to stop I tell ya.

Anyway. now I've typed that and she's gone..

Who's got a nice steel early to mid 90's steel frame kicking around.. hmm

ha ha love it!! most of us try to get round this by building the mrs a bike....yeah, my 5 foot mrs needs that 18" sts like a hole in the head! so i built her a coyote xc2 with a 16" frame....and an orange air-o jump bike. then i thought "maybe she would like a single speed?"
she told me to stop.....she has a car!! :shock:

integerspin":ixv0vzjd said:
zetecmk2":ixv0vzjd said:
she told me to stop.....she has a car!! :shock:
That was code for "I need another bike", it's not always easy to understand women.
cool.....it did confuse me a bit!!!! maybe i'll build the club roost dh8 for her....with 24" wheels.....that'll keep her happy :D

Re:

Thought I'd revisit this one :facepalm: , Jesus l. :shock: :shock: :LOL:

Since posting this original thread, the Mrs has gone .. Hurray ! :) new job looms :) :cool:

Trouble is 'The' bug has bitten big time and I'm now even further into Retrobike land :oops:

I'm now up to three projects on the go , another incoming, and driving around 100's of miles around the country looking at other potential beauties to add to the fold :facepalm:

Help ! .... Is this normal :facepalm: :facepalm: :roll:...what have you lot done to me :LOL: :LOL:

All completely normal. In three years i've built over 40 bikes, twelve of which remain. Mrs HM was appeased with her own shed. They come and go, parts arrive and depart. Money is spent, wasted some might say. But I drink little, don't smoke or gamble and everything gets paid for first.

How can contraptions and concoctions of inert, outdated, often troublesome metal and rubber have such character and personality and give such pleasure?

We all need a hobby. :)

Back