Sod off

^^ yeah but you never know, there are an awful lot of people out there, that so long as it looks flash on the outside, don't care, or even know that there could be quality on the inside as well. You know, flashest house on the worst street type thing.

Of course there are people that happily spend the cash to have expensive stuff all over the place (my brother in law makes his living installing 100k stereos and stuff in peoples houses).

I guess its all what makes people happy, or attempts to make them happy...

Heh.....Frogger- navigate a vulnerable amphibian across traffic. Compared to actually stopping the traffic, dragging the driver out of his car and beating the crap out of him......

They were quaint, more innocent days back then. :cry:

John":4w0anuai said:
sinnerman":4w0anuai said:
T.Vs are the Drug of the Nation, as are phones and that stupid bloody computer game that has just been launched... :facepalm:

Frogger ?

75000d1204809033-classic-commodore-64-game-remakes-freeware-downloads-frogger.jpg

I spent an Hour at breakfast this morning listening to my own son going on and on and on and on about the new GTA game, trying to convince me I need to sit down and try and get to the end of the game.

I told him the last time I had time or interest to sit a play a computer game was a LONG LONG LONG time ago.

He asked me what the game was, I simply said it was Legend and showed him this.....,

As you can imagine he fell of his chair in fits of Laughter.... :facepalm: Kids today.... I don't know, even back in the day if I was given the choice of either sitting for 100 hours to get to the end of a game or go out and build a course to race around on my bike, there would have been NO CONTEST.

I told him he needs to get a life.... :facepalm:

Attachments

• jogo-atari-pacman.gif
    jogo-atari-pacman.gif
    9.6 KB · Views: 294
:D

Four children and only 1 of them is like me and has no interest in games, the middle two are in direct competition with each other and the oldest, well with work he doesn't get the time anymore, but he was sad as sad could be as a kid, and as to the hubby :roll: Warframe all day long if he could.

Edit: I said middle two, it's the second and fourth born that compete and the third born that hates anything to do with the Xbox

Alison

One of my best friend's little brothers has, to my knowledge, done nothing but sit playing games and smoking dope for the last twenty years, bar the shifts he does at a corner shop.

He is a balding forty year old. No gf, no aim in life and nothing to say for himself.

Unless you engage him a conversation about video games.

Truly sad.

You've just given me faith in my hubby again, 'cus that is desperately, desperately sad and my hubby isn't anywhere near that. My oldest seemed to become interested in other things about A'Level time when he decided to become a Marine and training, running and swimming became his obsession.

Alison

highlandsflyer":2a04zs2d said:
One of my best friend's little brothers has, to my knowledge, done nothing but sit playing games and smoking dope for the last twenty years, bar the shifts he does at a corner shop.

He is a balding forty year old. No gf, no aim in life and nothing to say for himself.

Truly sad.

Well we'd say that from the outside looking in. I guess it depends, though - if he's happy and doesn't feel like he's missing out?

It's just difference subjective values placed on different things. I'm not saying that as a gamer - 'cos truth be told I've never had the patience to stick at any computer or console games long enough, but all the same, it's easy to look at some people and their lives as sad, but that tends to be with our / your own value system.

True enough, I don't want my kids to grow up, stuck in their bedrooms, locked in a world of their own on consoles / computer games, but that's only because I want them to have choices, and have experienced other things and be active. When they're fully fledged adults, if that's how they want to live their lives, then so long as they're happy and can function in society.

Neil":2orm5s8q said:
highlandsflyer":2orm5s8q said:

Truly sad.

Well we'd say that from the outside looking in. I guess it depends, though - if he's happy and doesn't feel like he's missing out?

It's just difference subjective values placed on different things. I'm not saying that as a gamer - 'cos truth be told I've never had the patience to stick at any computer or console games long enough, but all the same, it's easy to look at some people and their lives as sad, but that tends to be with our / your own value system.

True enough, I don't want my kids to grow up, stuck in their bedrooms, locked in a world of their own on consoles / computer games, but that's only because I want them to have choices, and have experienced other things and be active. When they're fully fledged adults, if that's how they want to live their lives, then so long as they're happy and can function in society.

Aye true enough, but we will always judge people, even though we are all doing it on totally different values, an perhaps not always aware of it, I can do that, and I bet even highlandsflyer's best mate's little brother has his own opinion on other peoples lives. I also want my children to be happy, I just hope it isn't spent on gaming unless it's a good earner :)

Alison

I spent £1100 on a Sony Vega tv in 1999 - for around £250 I could buy a 39" LCD flat screen from Tesco today. I dont see what the issue is. They are cheap in comparison to old TVs.

Back