rBoTM September 2013 - Nominations Please

toby1974":4z9ybtrg said:
Hi,

I thought I'd give my late 80's Haral Chambery a run for its money.

Green chromovelato paint, Excell Mexico series tubing with curved set/top tubes giving it a shorter wheelbase. Part lugged/part fillet brazed frame.

Full mavic SSC groupset/bars/stem/seatpost/wheels/hubs. Silver Time Equipe pedals & Suede Turbo saddle.

Enjoy

Toby

Toby,

Please read rule 8. Then immediately open up a specific thread about your bike, it is worthy of it. Two photos alone cannot do it justice

Excel said:
lovely bike from the Master but a big no-no for running it in big to big on the transmission....

Thanks for the complement excel

:facepalm: I'd literally just set the rear mech up before the pictures were taken and it was in the little un on the front so i switched up to the big un and just left the rear so i could get a nice picture of the f/w....never use big to big (or little to little) in motion

My (changed) caballero replica #2 bike after put some gears on the earlier single speed version. In addition to the earlier sent caballero #1 last year. Just to add to the beautifull bikes already sent in.
1085vh4.jpg

2uhlksw.jpg

I'll have a go with my 1980's Harry Hall

531 Professional Tubing size 56 in pearl white, sky blue lug lining
Record Headset
Super Record Seatpost
Full 6208 gruppo, Sedisport chain
NOS Mavic MA2 on 6208 hubs
Veloflex Master
Cinelli 1A and Giro d'Italia bars
Period Rolls
Binda straps

Build thread is here viewtopic.php?f=23&t=269386

Attachments

• IMG_3685.jpg
    IMG_3685.jpg
    144.8 KB · Views: 375
  • IMG_3684.jpg
    IMG_3684.jpg
    146.9 KB · Views: 375
Sadly my ANC Halfords bike won't be at this weekends Yorkshire Cycle Show. I'm hoping my LBS will have it soon for those who'd like to reminisce like me about the 80's

toby1974":9n68d8qs said:
Hi,

I thought I'd give my late 80's Haral Chambery a run for its money.

Green chromovelato paint, Excell Mexico series tubing with curved set/top tubes giving it a shorter wheelbase. Part lugged/part fillet brazed frame.

Full mavic SSC groupset/bars/stem/seatpost/wheels/hubs. Silver Time Equipe pedals & Suede Turbo saddle.

Enjoy

Toby

FANTASTIC BIKE !!!!!!!

Hi all
I dont normally comment on the BOTM threads, just watch and vote, but couldn't help but comment on the Haral Chambery. That is one beautiful machine, from design to colour. Also that Ron Cooper is another lovely looking machine and while not usually a fan of red, that paint looks so deep and vibrant. ......decisions , decisions ;)

jamie

Was hoping my ANC would have got more love after all Joey was one of the darlings of cycling in the. 80's and there are only 3 ex team bikes in existence as far as I know

Back