Status
Not open for further replies.

coomber

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
1996 Kona Cindercone.
Quality frame from the big K, in one of their best colours. Claim 4.5lb weight in the catalogue.

16” centre bottom bracket to top.
21” top tube.

Picked up for the Mrs, took it home, she has had a quick pootle and says she prefers the rockhopper, so there we have it.

Good points: Dent free, pretty tidy, few scratches, wheels in good shape. Dog collar, bars and stem in good nick. Levers and brakes in good nick. New tryes, semi slicks, although the picture shows slilcks on at the mo, these are designated for another bike.

Bad points: Seatpost is a weird one (suspension) and non-original. Non original and tatty seat. Grip shift are so used it could do with replacing as its smoothed from use (the grip part). Grips are very worn. Drivetrain shows sign of wear. Cables could do with gear changing and adjusting accordingly.

Selling as a project, if it doesn’t sell then I will split or get it 100% tickety boo and put it on ebay.

Local pick up only.. This means I am more likely to see it restored in the flesh on a retrobike ride, and means I don’t have to get a box and sort courier etc. Lazy? Absolutely.

Pick up evenings only, from Honiton, or weekdays by arrangements in Sidmouth, both in East Devon. Or will be going to the Haldon ride in the middle of October if anyone is interested.

£120 full bike.

Pictures to come this evening… just need to locate my camera lead!

Interest registered here first then by pm. Priority given by that, so no sneaky pm's please ;)

As seen here: http://www.retrobike.co.uk/gallery2/v/M ... _.pdf.html

Re: 16" Kona Cindercone £120 Pickup E Devon only

...not listening not listening...

(Fingers in ears) 'Lalalalalalalalala.....'

Await pics :roll:

LikeClockwork":1zxsy8hu said:
...not listening not listening...

(Fingers in ears) 'Lalalalalalalalala.....'

Await pics :roll:

:LOL:

You can knock the price of that saracen bottle cage from it!

At work now, will get pictures tonight once kids are down and I can rummage around for the camera lead

As per original spec, these are tripple butted P2s.

LikeClockwork has first refusal, then MatBH5.

Pics to come..

Excuse iphone pics, ebay sold me a cable that was meant to fit but surprisingly doesnt. Knobs.

The tyres are near new semi slicks.

That scratch on the forks is the only bad one. Its like the previous owner scrapped it against a wall or something. Would touch up ok but worth photoing.

Hopefully the (crummy) pics are ok, but anything else let me know.

Cheers

Oh, and seatpost is a 27.2 suspension jobbie. I cant for the life of me find the top. I have a 1997 kona saddle to go with this, but you should probably factor in a new seatpost. I'll knock a fiver off for the inconvenience.

Lovely! But think will pass to MatBH5, I can't really justify another bike right now and if I could it would really have to be a 97/98 Kona with the jungle graphics.... :roll:

Impecible taste. 1997 my favourite too.

Thanks for the reply

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back