1990 Scott Pro Racing , finished (almost) pg12

Re: Nigel the 1991 Scott , rebuild starts page 4

Can't comment on the fit of the rings I'm afraid . Silver looks good against black frame though . I have lined up a silver crank with black/silver/black rings for it . Originally all black but middle ring was worn out . Surprisingly few Scotts about in this part of the world .

These are two other option's I have available.

Think this looks nice, but it's quite a heavy lump of steel , off a 88 deore crank maybe ? , as it has the yellow/orangey biopace sticker ,

This is the other option , but think the ring looks worn, date wise think its more correct as its a SG chainring so maybe dated around 1990 ?

Yes certainly early '90s I think and it does look to be on its way out too , like you say . Still prefer silver against black frame , but what do I know , I'm having Asda green stickers on my Team Racing ! :facepalm:
Mike

Nice one Exeter Man :LOL:

Whadya think , Asda or Waitrose ?

Either way it's gonna be light I reckon !

:cool:

Attachments

• Scott tr2.jpg
    Scott tr2.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 444
  • Scott TR.jpg
    Scott TR.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 444
  • Scott TR1.jpg
    Scott TR1.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 444

:LOL: I'd say the colour is more bianchi celeste ;) lovely looking job that , who replicated the decals for you ? , send me a link to your build thread, I'll look forward to following that :)

Unsure on what ratio or speed I'll use , even though it should be 7 , as I want to use 'nigel regularly after all this effort , and 9 speed is quite appealing to give a good spread of ratio's when riding off and on road, so I started to clean up the 'non' period Shimano 9 speed Xtr M953 cassette last night ➡️

Man it was dirty :roll:

Time to apply some tlc.

Is that a white spirit cassette clean ? Comes up good I reckon . Trust me , it's definately a www.Scott . Walmart/Waitrose/Warrior ! :LOL: Photos make it look paler than it is .
Going for 7 speed 11-28 with 24/36/46 rings . I went to a local shop with photos and measurements for the decals . Paint is good but not happy with application/position of decals , so I will be going back for more and putting them on myself . Well not on myself , but on the frame :LOL: :shock:

You should have gone for 7-speed mate , the rivets holding the cassette together are easier to file the ends off to get the cogs apart to clean them properly :roll: amateurs :LOL:

Maybe you just wanna save your 7 speed for Ermintrude :facepalm: :LOL:

Back